Why do I get no responses to my problem - you call this support?

I posted a basic install question and get no responses - you claim this is a better approach than having phone support actually it is a cheaper way of providing no support

It’s only been 38 minutes since you posted your question. Roon will respond, but I think it usually takes longer than that.

1 Like

Thanks - all of the other posters received responses in less time than that - Roon calls this a better approach than phone support - I call it no service done on the cheap

I’m sure it is more cost effective than having extra technical support people standing by in case the phone rings. Ultimately, I suspect the actual support is more effective than talking with someone on the phone who can do little more than relay a message.

It’s very cost effective - providing no support is free

Ease up brother. They will get to you.

1 Like

The support teams response time varies based on workload. And surely you can understand delays in these trying times that is making everyone’s life difficult. Please be patient.

I assume all these people are working from home so the pandemic is not really an excuse. This is just a very ineffective approach to software support - kind of like blindfolding someone and then asking them to solve a rubrics cube by asking 20 questions

Sorry - just providing honest feedback

You want honest feedback: the whole forum and support team does not revolve around your problem. Please be patient.

6 Likes

Where do you live? Remember that in half of the world it is night and maybe the support stuff sleeps now.

oh ok, that’s a good approach to global support - just shut it off half the time.

You aren’t exactly a new user of the forum so you know how it works.

Though you don’t seem to have followed up on your last post.

I solved the problem myself in the end

And the problem and fix was?

1 Like

that was 3 years ago, Like most things with this software you just try stuff til it works

if you have no support that your only option

Hi @Bob_Mueller,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our support team is generally on the US East Coast and works during the daytime Monday - Friday, so while we do keep an eye on things on off-hours as much as possible, responses are typically much faster during standard working hours.

We sometimes hear from people wondering about phone support, email support, or other more traditional methods, and we almost always win them over by resolving problems here every day. I can tell you that we stand behind our products and our support 100%.

Every support thread on this site is tracked by someone on our staff, and they frequently loop in senior staff or developers for feedback. Nearly everyone in our company spends time on this site. This is helpful as there are frequently times where we need other members of our team to weigh in on issues.

I apologize for the difficulties you are having here, and I appreciate your feedback about our support process. I’m glad that things are now working for you as well, and I hope that you don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever have any issues or questions.

Thanks!

thanks for the reply but i still think your service model sucks and will never support a successful compny in this space. please feel freee to share this feedback with your senior management before you are out of business.