Why do I keep getting audio file is loading slowly?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.6 build 416 stable (64 bit)
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
MacOS Mojave: version 10.14.5 (18F132)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi to Bell Home Hub 2000

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Denon AVR-S51BT
Schiit Valhalla 2
Oppo HA-2se
Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Micromega Mydac

Description Of Issue

Using Tidal through Roon, way to frequently, I get “Audio file is loading slowly” after about 10 seconds of the song. Then it stops playing the one I wanted and skips to the next song in the album. I know this is a problem specific to Roon because I also use Tidal with Audrivana and have no playback issues at all. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks. Love your product but this issue makes it difficult to enjoy.

I have been playing more with the setup. Sorry, the problem doesn’t seem to be Tidal: the problem is reading my own flac files from an external drive. And especially files that are SACD rips. Sorry about that. I’m going to have to look into this a little more on my own.

This would be my first port of call … try a hardwired LAN connection.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes. Ordered one up from Amazon today for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hi @Ken_Dafoe,

As mentioned, we recommend using an Ethernet connection for your Core whenever possible. Definitely let us know how things go with an Ethernet connection!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.