Why does it take Roon soooo long to boot up?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC OS Mojave 10.14,.3 Roon 1.6 Build 401Stable 64-bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

not used

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

USB Oppo HA-1

Description Of Issue

Most recent bootup took 6 minutes and 42 seconds. What could be the problem?

Hi @Wes_Marshall,

Can you provide some additional details about your Core machine? What kind of CPU does it use? How much RAM does it have? Is the Roon database stored on an SSD?

How many tracks do you have in your Roon library?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had to wait for Roon to boot up.

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM, the database is on the MACs HD which ias a 3TB fusion drive. I have ~210,000 tracks (209k+).

A fusion drive? I’d be prepared to bet that that’s the culprit. Roon really requires an SSD for its database for all but the smallest of libraries, and your library ain’t small. Anything else and you’ll see a performance issue.

With your size of library, the Core i5 might also be an issue. See this post for more details on hardware requirements:

Hi @Wes_Marshall,

As Geoff mentioned above, and as noted in our suggested specs page, an SSD is strongly recommended, especially for a library as large as yours.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.