Why does JRiver hate criticism

Im not sure how old he is , maybe he should bow out to Matt ?

His stance on streaming is unbelievable in the current state of music supply

:rofl: You nailed it.

1 Like

Born 1944. 76ā€¦

http://jimhillegass.com/about.html

1 Like

I think JimH actually was retired when Matt had his accident a few years back. JimH stepped back in to run it all. Heā€™s obviously still at itā€¦

JRiver forums have always been a bit cranky. You can be made to feel like an idiot for offering a suggestion or criticism. Started with Version 17 for Windows, and I stopped at Master Version 25. It served a purpose and was generally useful. Just donā€™t need it with having Roon and Audirvana.

Just an observation Marcos, but I think you got precisely the reaction you wanted by telling them you were dropping them in favour of Roon. You effectively told them you were leaving. Why would they think you need an account?

1 Like

There are a few solutions to get Roon to work on UPnP devices. Have you not tried them one is free.

Jim H is a grumpy guy for sure, but he has every right to be. Theyā€™ve done things their own way, stayed in business for years, and led the pack for a good long while. Thereā€™s plenty of intransigence and lack of empathy amongst the Roon guys too.

1 Like

What are they ?

If you are talking about the Roon staff, then I completely disagree (well, about the lack of empathy, anyway).

If you are talking about the forum members, then it is a forum after all.

Iā€™ve been on the JShiver forum. It can be an unpleasant and insulting experience.

2 Likes

Sonore UPnP bridge which runs on any sonore or AudioStore product thatā€™s runs the SonicOrbitor OS or there is a free one called LMS2UPNP which is a Logitech media server plugin that can be run on its own on pc,mac or Linux. There are plenty of people using either some on this forum such as @simon_pepper

What empathy does Roon show for their users who think a search should actually work? If you are used to the search capabilities of JRiver, Roon is like poking about in the dark with a stick.

What empathy does Roon show for their users who want to organise their libraries in any way they like, rather than the one way Roon forces on them? If you are used to the freedom JRiver gives you to build your own arbitrary views, Roon is constraining and unnatural.

What empathy does Roon show for their users who think a composition should be a composition, rather than a tiny excerpt of a composition?

Empathy is the preparedness and ability to see someone elseā€™s point of view and to understand their experience. If you canā€™t understand my point of view, then you too lack empathy!

1 Like

I understand your point of view. I just donā€™t agree with it.

So, anyone who doesnā€™t agree with you lacks empathy?

Not worth the argument.

7 Likes

Boy, can I empathize!

So. Let me get this rightā€¦
Just because Roon doesnā€™t function in the way that you, and a vocal minority wish it to, the company lacks ā€˜empathyā€™??
What a load of BS!

3 Likes

Your argument doesnā€™t involve empathy. If JRMC works better for you, Iā€™d use that program instead. Roon has a lot of features, but itā€™s not designed to be customized for individual users. Offer a feature request, and if Roon staff sees it as beneficial for a large number of users, they may address it in a future update. Roon is always evolving and I believe it will continue to improve.

5 Likes

Not what I actually wantedā€¦ I would like to use both, if JRiver is just useless in a 5k monitor I had no other option than just move forward with the natural alternative I have (Roon), I gave them months to come up with at least a word. It impresses me the fear they have to Roon, that is unhealthy, now look at Roon, these guys have a section in these forums for integration and comments about other media/music players, so secure and confident about their product! Kudos to Roon team!!!

Yeahā€¦ so they have to moderate in case of abuse, that is the way it has to be.

Now if you just delete users of your paying customers because you wonā€™t resolve a problem your software has, that is another thing.

ehā€¦ during the trial period you just drop the product if you donā€™t like how it is designed to workā€¦ what you say is not an issue it is you just donā€™t like it or can adapt to itā€¦

Because what for criticize very good things? For profit ?