Why does JRiver hate criticism

JRiver has always been kinda that way. I was bored, and reloaded Master 25, and then upgraded it to JRMC 27 (Mac only). I think the Song Kong tagging program was pretty helpful loading my music library. I had only one Unassigned track, but still a little JRMC library confusion on hits albums merging themselves into regular albums. Easy to spot and delete. Some clean up is needed.

Mines been up and running for best part of 10 years. I still use it 100% for local video (along with Netflix) and I have my classical collection set up to my preference, something Roon cannot do alas

Still totally happy but shame about streaming. I have got around that with mConnect as a remote

I started with JRMC 17 for Windows. I think itā€™s an excellent program, but itā€™s definitely far more work organizing your files than either Roon or Audirvana.

Iā€™ve been using JRiver since v7 or 8. Jim has always been cranky. It can be a bit of a gang on there forums if you dare criticize the product. Iā€™ve been permanently banned a couple of times. Although I strictly use Roon for home playback, I still use JRiver for things Roon doesnā€™t do very good such as playlists, downloading podcasts, handheld sync. JRiver MC interface and features are stale and I donā€™t see that improving.

JRiver is a mock when using it in a 5k retina iMacā€¦ the company should notify customers partial functionality when using it in that platformā€¦ even 27 is a joke after they worked in the rendering engine.
Tried it few days agoā€¦

Have you told them that ? I always find them responsive to actual faults, it will likely be fixed in days,

I had my forum account deleted after I told them. Best customer service ever.

I am a paying jriver customer.

Wow you must have p**d JimH off

Nothing hard to doā€¦ if you sometime have the chance try jriver in a 5k iMac it is ridiculousā€¦

Iā€™m all Windows unfortunately

You miss nothing for realā€¦

Jim Hilgass definitely hates constructive criticism. Thatā€™s why I am now a happy Roon user.

1 Like