Why does ‘local’ alibum art not appear immediately?

In my case, it happens every time i close and reopen the client (android, win10 …). I tried staying in the album overview, waiting for it to load all visible covers before scrolling to a new screen where they were all still gray. I did it up to upload them all. Then it worked fine: if i went to another page and then returned, the covers were still all loaded. The problem is that when i closed the application and restarted it, all the covers were gone again. It seems to struggle and is slow to load them into memory, and this memory is cleared every time the client is closed. There was no such problem with previous versions of Roon. It took a few seconds to load the cover the first time for a new album, then it always remained in memory even when i closed the program

1 Like

Hi @Ninja_Theory

What GPU does your machine use?

Are you seeing this with any other remote devices?

Joining in with the no cover art gang for local albums. Rebooted PC, restarted Roon Core etc.

Album art shows for Tidal / Quboz streamed but not where a Tidal Album has been added “locally”.

For clarification the Roon Core is loaded on my desktop machine rather than a server or NAS (although I do have a NAS available I didn’t love the performance when loaded on that). If I connect via Roon App on an Ipad then all artwork displays fine.

All since 1.8 update.

JRiver works fine etc.

Obviously music still plays but it does take away from the experience.

GPU GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Driver Ver 456.71 - updated to version 461.40 - after launching Roon post driver update (was a couple of months out of date) all artwork displayed for a second before returning to as per screenshot.

Home Page also not showing pics as second screenshot.

Cheers - David

There has been no update from Roon team regarding this?

Could it be this?

2 Likes

I didn’t think it’d work, I uninstalled Logitech G Hub and it solved my issue!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.