Why does ‘local’ alibum art not appear immediately?

At this moment Roon is not showing most of the album art.
Probably to do with tomorrow’s release.

But, I have quite alot of local album art, that is also preferred in Roon.

Why is that local album art not showing up also?

Dirk

Have you tried a Re Boot?

Just tried that, and all is back now.

But I keep wondering how this actually works.
In principle I should be able to use Roon without internet (for a limited time an only playing local albums of course),
But as the database is local, where is the album art stored for local albums with own local, preferred album art, local albums with Roon preferred album art, and streamed albums?

Dirk

This is the problem I am also having. roon appears not to accept any of the album art I have on my disc (in each case in the same folder as the music files). In some cases roon offers no art and other cases poorer art than I have on my disc. But roon doesn’t ever display the art from my computer - even when I specifically enter it in edit album AND when it’s thumbnail appears in edit album.

I believe Roon has to check in on line occasionally

Strange. I’m not noticing any issue here, so I don’t think it’s related to work on 1.8.

Lots of wonky behavior tonight. Gerbils must be tired.

Hi @anon90297517 ,

Are you still seeing this issue after updating to Roon 1.8?

1.8 did nothing to solve my problem of local cover art not showing up. Note that roon must be seeing the art as it reports the size of the cover art in Edit Album. It will show the Prefer roon art just fine. Except, when the default is choose best and the local art is better, then roon displays nothing; it has to find and note the local art to know that roon isn’t best - and as I note - it does report the size of local art although it won’t display it. Not good.

Unfortunately yes. Above pictures are from a couple of hours ago. (About 20h CET)
Dirk

Cover art not showing on local music

Core Machine (Windows 10 latest build of Roon 1.8)

Cover art not showing on local music but it does show on the Tidal section. I have tried to clear the cache and I have also rebooted (more than once) but still the issue persists. It’s rather frustrating - any ideas?

Edit: Although the example shows a .wav directory, it persists with FLAC music as well.

A number of us have experienced problems with album art. In my case, it is when roon should be reading and displaying art that is on my computer. roon reads that art (it reports the size at least) but will not display it. This has been an o9ngoing problem for several weeks (it happened even in 1,7) but roon’s attention has been elsewhere/

Same problem here. With Roon 1.7 no problem loading the covers (they are all images saved in the folders of their respective albums).
Even single image loading is very slow (immediate in version 1.7).

I have the same issue and it’s happening to all my albums. I’ve uninstalled MSIAfterBurner.

I consider this to be a fairly significant issue/bug? Not seeing artwork makes the UI look like rather buggy. Is this something we can expect Roon to fix or comment on?

Edit: Thought I’d add that this no artwork issue only happens on my PC. Artwork in Roon renders perfectly on my Android mobile app (Android 11).

I have been having the problem of local art not showing up for several weeks (prior to 1.8) However, in my case it doesn’t even appear in my Android apps. roon support has known about my problem since well before 1.8 but keep wanting to solve it by having me tinker with internet access - though how that might affect roon’s disinclination to display files from my computer is a bit of a mystery.

My cover art (magically) returned this morning… I did not change anything overnight (cover art was not displaying last night). I’ll monitor it over the weekend and update here… this is certainly odd behaviour, or there is some variable at play that I am not (yet) aware of.

Not for me. Very slow in loading the single cover and the general screen it’s almost all gray.
In reality, since the launch of 1.8 everything has slowed down (even the forum). I can understand a slowdown in loading content for online retrieval, but local cover art of local albums shouldn’t

Back to square one after a reboot (Windows had a small update)… :confused:

1 Like