Why does my library get rescanned just because I ripped a CD

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonictransporter i9 running build 783

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus 6G router, Century Link modem
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS audio direct stream DAC,various zones including Sonos

Description Of Issue

This has been going on for awhile, even in 1.7, but is there any reason why just about every time I rip a CD into my library or copy a download, Roon starts rescanning and many times I’m not left with an accurate history of new albums I’ve loaded? @support

Hi David,

Not official support, but, just for clarity, are you using Roon to do the ripping? Or, are you using something inherent in the Sonictransporter?

Usually the Sonictransporter. Sometimes it doesn’t recognize the disc, so I rip on my computer using Apple Music or XLD and then drag to copy over to Roon.

Just checking in here again. Yesterday I added one file (and an mp3 file at that) to my Roon library, which caused it to once again rescan my entire library again. Admittedly I have too much music (the pandemic has helped me burn my entire CD collection) but still, I don’t see why this should happen. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
@support