Why is Devialet not Roon Ready and what are the consequences?

I was mostly curious about what ‘Roon Ready’ will mean with the Devialet Expert Pros once the new Core Inifinity boards and OS are released. Many of us have hoped for full Roon RAAT integration, but I suspect what we’ll see - at least initially - will be continued support of Roon’s AIR integration. That’s a very good thing - but not as good as supporting Roon RAAT. Time will tell…

if they are roon ready, they will be running full raat. that is not happening on current gear, but core infinity should be able to do it – in which case roon/air is going to be obsolete

1 Like

Please give us an update when available as Devialet’s customer communication is known to be not existing. Would a full RAAT support also provide a better audio quality?

It might be more stable than AIR on bad networks, which could result in less errors – but those errors manifest themselves as skipping/stuttering/dropouts – not as ‘lower SQ’.

Which is exactly what I currently get - intermittent stuttering with my 1000Pro

I am also experiencing multiple issues with AIR and that’s why I would really like to get full RAAT support.

Please report here about your feature request: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005417765-Core-Infinity-Log-October-20th

If someone would like Devialet being Roon Ready, I would recommend contacting Devialet by using their official communication channels like support, email, chat, phone, or facebook.

I happened to create a new support ticket yesterday asking for Roon RAAT support and I got a following message today from Océane at Devialet support:

I am not surprised that the Core Infinity board is not Roon Ready yet if there are only 4 customers asking for it.

Petri, this is not strictly true as most people have been making the request for Roon via the Core Infinity log page so it is disingenuous for Oceane to say that only 4 people have expressed an interest as this is a lie!

Well, you just have to read DevialetChat (or here) to know that there are far, far more that would love to see Roon RAAT for their Expert Pros. And if you read the various comments in the logs on the Devialet site, you’ll quickly see far more comments about Roon RAAT.

I suspect (hope) Devialet will eventually support Roon RAAT, but this comment from them sounds to me like a lame excuse for not implementing Roon RAAT from the start. Just my take on it, but it feels insulting and hard to conceive that they haven’t a clue how many of their customers actively use Roon, particularly given the recent release of Roon AIR and the many kudos they and RoonLabs received for that effort. This just sounds like lame spin. They can’t be that incompetent.

I am afraid that it is more than a lame excuse, or incompetence, it is a downright lie and I have gone back to Oceane in as many words - my confidence in Devialet, as a Company, is already at an all time low and if I did not have as much money tied up in it I would move on! Perhaps the Roon Community is not the place to air feelings about Devialet, but it is very frustrating having this type of, seeming, underhand treatment.

1 Like

I am just a messenger here… :slight_smile:

If you want Roon RAAT, then you need to contact Devialet directly. Devialet support system now has specific categories for new feature requests regarding the Core Infinity board and Expert. Please see below:

Hi Petri, Sorry I was not getting at you - just frustrated with Devialet and their non communication!

I must admit that I was unaware of the above form as, I suspect, are 99% of other Devialet owners - Devialet have NOT, as far as I am aware, made its existence very widely known!! Perhaps this should also go on Devialet Chat?

This really sounds like Devialet Chat kinda material. Never have I seen such hostility from a community with any other brand. That is actually why I stopped reading Devialet Chat, it was just people complaining about everything. It was hard for me to understand how people were so disappointed even with the fact that Devialet offered existing customers the possibility to upgrade hardware with fraction of the cost of switching to the new one and with a 5 year warranty plus this forthcoming streamer card.

Yes Devialet has been late with some promises, but for me the amp is awesome and now Roon has kinda made Devialet the one box solution I always hoped it would be.

2 Likes

What comes to Devialet, I have only one subject of complaint and that is the AIR (Devialet AIR and now Roon with integrated AIR). Neither of these work in my environment and that’s why I am asking for Roon RAAT support which works perfectly fine. Otherwise the Devialet amp/dac and Devialet’s support are awesome.

All I want is a one box solution and being able to stream using Roon without these daily problems with AIR. Am I asking for too much?

I don’t think you’re asking too much. Although I assume that the new streamer board will resolve (at least my) weird network issues, thus making the AIR integration work better with Roon.

Back in the day I was kind of hoping that I could control my Devialet from a computer, but now it’s finally possible with Roon. So Roon did (for me) what Devialet couldn’t/wouldn’t and that’s awesome. But then again, I would have bought Devialet anyway :slight_smile:

For the amount you have struggled with Air over the last 6 months, you owe yourself some sanity and you should just pick up dedicated streamer. A used microRendu or sMS-200 will hold most of it’s value until the century that Devialet gets their crap together.

2 Likes

Thanks @DrTone , I really appreciate your suggestion. You are so right. I checked all my discussions with Devialet support regarding the AIR and it looks like my problems with AIR started on August 2015. Since then it hasn’t worked for me. As a summary:

• I have tried different Devialet models (130, 200, 400, 800 and 1000 Pro)
  • I have tried different Devialet AIR versions, different Devialet FW versions, and of course different Roon versions
  • I have tried different Ethernet cables (Cat6 and Cat7)
  • I have tried couple different routers like Apple Airport Extreme and Netgear Orbi with and without a switch
  • I have tried three different Windows 10 computers

Nothing has helped during the last > 2 years. I have been quite patient on this matter but you are right that perhaps it would be my time to forget this AIR nonsense and buy a real Roon Ready streamer.

Just post a follow up to the CEO message here (he says he is personally following communication) https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005605729-Quentin-Sannié-Core-Infinity-Software

Markus

Seems as if there’s either a problem with posting on the Core Infinity log threads, or Devialet themselves have stopped people being able to post. My new post appeared for 15 minutes, but now has reverted to ‘Approval Pending’.

Do you know what has happened, as it seems unfortunately coincidental that the issues with posting on the threads has arisen after Devialet customers put forward there feelings on Quentin’s post (95% requesting Roon RAAT)?

John