Why is ROCK not installing on NUC6i7KYB?

Sorry if I am bothering people with known issues, but I am really sad :frowning:

I bought a NUC Intel machine with 16Gb RAM and a 256SSD HD for perfoming installation.

I have read everything I found, included the official DB from Roon and such as a “fan page” from an user with successful installation.

this is my NUC core

I have loaded basic defaults, disabled LAN boot, selected Legacy and SSD drive as first option

and this is the message I can’t skip from receiving.

I have made some trials and I can’t avoid this. So, I can’t install.

As a 2nd hand machine the SSD has another OS, but I consider this way of loading will wipe any content with the new ROCK OS for Roon.

Any help, any advice, any lead?

many thanks

I don’t see the model you purchased on the list of Roon supported Intel NUC part numbers. Did you consult this list before purchasing?

Danny didn’t like it…

I think Legacy is the old BIOS mode, but the instructions say

• Make sure UEFI is enabled on the Boot Priority screen

which is the new mode and I think has been required by Roon OS for quite some time (I don’t think it can boot with Legacy BIOS anymore)

1 Like

Can you change your boot drive order? It is looking at the SSD first rather than your USB drive. Or is there an option to instigate a boot menu on startup so you can choose the boot device? I have found in the past (on some devices) if you even disable the SSD for a boot device so it only sees the USB - then when installed re-enable the SSD.

1 Like

I ran into the same error with my Nuc recently. Once I reset the bios settings (F9 key) and followed the recommended settings on the instruction page, my USB drive was recognized and the install worked.

1 Like

I have understood wrongly, then.

I will try as per commented here and see if it works.

I misunderstood the UEFI / Legacy instructions.

Thank you @Suedkiez

1 Like

I have to manually skip this every start?

I guess this is something to be fixed in BIOS setup?

This might webpage might enlighten, potentially relevant section quoted below:

“Start PXE over IPv4” – What does it mean?

When you are attempting to start your computer and “Start PXE over IPv4” pops on the screen, it means other boot devices, like the hard disk, were not available to boot from.

In other words, the storage partition the computer normally uses to boot the OS is probably malfunctioning or it’s not properly configured. Chances are it likely has to do with a wrong or reset boot priority order.

1 Like

Thank you. I will read and see if I can solve it.

Hello

My SSD was the 3rd option after a couple (?) of LAN options. Placed at first position, now it is working.

Thank you.

1 Like

Btw…

I will decide for a fixed IP, now the DHCP is giving a valid one and sure will work in the future. This is just for me but part of the learning curve.

No clue how to fix Missing Codecs. Any link to a dummy instructions step-by-step? Is my first time with Linux.

No Linux knowledge necessary

1 Like

I am going to read and to work about it. Many thanks.

No, David, I did not. I bet and win. Probably not the best option, as many information available for a pleasant experience with Roon features but that’s me :slight_smile: always improvising

Now it works and I think it works quite well

1 Like

Haha. That’s a perfectly valid approach. You win some and you lose some. Glad it worked out for you this time. Enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.