Wifi dropout recovery

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus + (RevA) 94C6915909E
WIFI EE
APPLE mac Catalonia; IPhone XS
TEXT GOES HERE
Message “network error”…after the drop out when my WiFi is restored and working.
My WIFI signal often drops out; can be 8/10 times in a day.
When it does Roon box loses connection and stops working.
This requires a manual restart; press back button till blue light goes then restart. I have to stop what I am doing and walk across the room. It interrupts my work and is a distraction.
This doesn’t happen when I am watching my TV; I see the reverse blue spinner then the signal is restores after a few seconds.
I use Tidal through ROON which I can also stream from my computer through Apple to me system avoiding ROON. I am doing this now and there are no interruptions I guess through buffering.
Its a ROON get round because the ROON box doesn’t restart after a loss of wireless signal.
Please advise if I am correct.
Can I use a different approach?
Carl Hopkins UK London

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

I had issues with WiFi on BT, in a relatively small home. No thick walls etc. The solution was to reduce my reliance on WiFi by getting everything not being used as a remote hard wired. I used HomePlugs which route Ethernet over mains wiring. This approach isn’t one Roon would advise because some people have issues. But if it works, as it did for me, all my issues went away.

Assuming it’s just the WiFi that drops not the actual internet connection you could add a WiFi mesh network. I use the BT wholehome wifi, it’s not the absolute best but you can often pick up cheap on eBay 2nd hand. Try it and if it doesn’t fix it you can flog it back in eBay. For example.

So to clarify Ged, it provides an alternative WiFi signal to the EE WiFi which would then be turned off?

Yes. I turned off WiFi on my router plugged a cable between the router and one of the units and then place the others to spread the signal. You get an app in your phone to test if they can see one another.

I think there are better WiFi mesh units but these are relatively cheap and if you buy 2nd hand you won’t lose too much money if you need to get rid.
(Usual eBay caveats apply :slight_smile:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.