Windows 10 64 bit - Client devices can't connect to Core[SOLVED]

Hi - I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit on my main system (workstation). Now client devices will no longer connect to Roon Core.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 1709, Build 16299.19.
Roon Version 1.3 (build 269) stable (64 bit)

System with music libraries is a Dell Precision T3500 workstation (main system).
Client devices include a Dell Tablet and an Android Nextbit Robin phone.

Everything worked fine before with Roon Server. I recently added an old Audigy 4 soundcard to my workstation and had to do the clean installation of Windows after attempting to add a SATA3 controller (gave up).

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Roon Server 64 bit and Roon 64 bit on the workstation. Client devices will not successfully connect to core. From the tablet, I can see that the workstation is seen and that Roon continually attempts to connect and fails. The tablet is seen by the workstation at this point and the remote audio device on the tablet can be seen and played to, but the Roon UI on the tablet will never successfully connect from its end.

On the Android device, no connection attempts are successful.

I have checked firewall settings on the workstation (why does Roon have default settings to permit traffic through public and not private connections???) and made sure that private traffic is permitted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Roon 64 bit on the tablet several times as well. Tablet and workstation are in same Windows Workgroup as well.

Recommendations?

Thanks,

David

The Tablet is running the same OS and version as the workstation, though it is set up on slow ring of Insider Preview builds. The Nextbit is running stock Nougat Android 7.1.1.

D’oh! I forgot to use the @support flag.

@support - please mark as closed. I determined that the Workstation’s ethernet network setting was set to Public, rather than Private. I corrected the setting and rebooted. Now the communications is successful from client to core.

Thanks,

David

Glad to hear that, @David_Mathias! Have a pleasant listen.

–
Ivan

1 Like