Windows 10 endpoint will not play - help needed

Hi,

My core lives on a SonicTransporter. I’ve installed Roon bridge on my Windows 10 PC that I use for racing simulation mainly. It runs different audio streams in parallel so I cannot grant Roon exclusivity here. Also I cannot grant control to the various applications. So Roon bridge just skips through the files quickly without playing them.

All other applications that produce audio are playing fine. Output is through the 4th HDMI port of a NVIDIA GTX1080 GPU.

Can someone help me out?

Cheers
NOA

Have you granted Roon permissions in Windows firewall for all parts of Roon. This is one of the most common issues with Roon on Windows.

No I haven’t and didn’t know, good hint, appreciated!
Can you tell me more about how to do or what to grant in particular?
I’m not that experienced in firewall issues…

It has happened to me sometime, I change the playback device to roon and it works, then I go back to the previous one

Hi @NOA,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.