Windows 10 to Sony STR-DH750 Issues

Tracks just rapidly skip. My Roon Core used to be my macbook pro and following this forum I switched to what was directly connected to my Sony receiver (STR-DH 750). It worked for one day and now it just skips through tracks. Movies and other music players work fine from my PC to the Sony Receiver but Roon does not.

Any help?

Hi @Warren_Wilcock,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What kind of content are you playing? Streaming content (TIDAL or Qobuz) or local content? Where is your local media stored?

If you play to System Output of the Core machine does the same behavior occur?

I’m using my Windows 10 PC as Core, wired Ethernet connection to the internet (250Mbps)
HDMI connection to the Sony STR-DH750 receiver. Audio device selected on the PC is Sony AVSystem
Trying to play content from TIDAL although local music is stored on the machine and also will not play.

I am only using the System Output as the audio device from Roon as it does not recognize the Sony AVSystem as an audio device option. Therefore the System Output should be using the selected Windows 10 Driver (Sony AVDevice)

Other media plays fine through the PC to the Sony STR-DH750.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Hi @Warren_Wilcock,

Just to confirm, you’re playing to System Output which is pointed to the Sony receiver? Can you share a screenshot of the signal path

When you go to Settings > Audio do you see any HDMI output options? Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio?

Looks like I was able to resolve the issue by selecting Exclusive mode in the audio settings.

Thank you for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.