Windows PC client hanging

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home PC, OS build 19042.867 Roon version 1.8 build 764 - server and client both on same PC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet via TP-link switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PC speakers, Meridian 818, Chromecast, Squeezebox

Description Of Issue

PC client hangs - have tried reinstalling the Roon software and rebooting the PC but makes no difference. Server responds fine to other clients (eg on Android phone) and will still stream through PC speakers. Last used PC client around a week ago and was fine then.

1 Like

I have the same problem from yesterday (worked well till the day before), tried reinstall Core and restarted all the devices (Core, iPhone, iPad, 2 pc, Raspberry 4, Dac) but no result. Other software works well on the same computer where Core is (usually it is a dedicated pc, but I have tried it to make a check).
Windows 10 Home, OS build 19042.868. Roon version 1.8 build 764.

I seem to have fixed this by renaming the folder …AppData/Local/Roon/Database/ on my PC to …AppData/Local/Roon/Database_old/, which resulted in the local Roon client creating a new Database folder.

Note that I did not change anything in the RoonServer folder, as it seemed to be only the local PC client that was having a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.