Windows Roon App switches to AirPlay

Roon Core Machine

HP Gaming Desktop Pavilion 690-0067c Ryzen 7 1st Gen 1700 (3.00GHz) 16GB DDR4 1TB HDD AMD Radeon RX 550 Windows 10 Home 64-bit

and
Denon AVR-3313CI

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

In general, my Roon system is working flawlessly on iPhone, iPad, Windows laptops and desktops, but on my PC connected to my Denon AVR (connected via HDMI to TV as monitor) the Windows Roon interface works until I hit “play” then the screen switches the AirPlay on the Denon receiver, only controlled through the AVR remote.

Can you post a screenshot of your Roon Audio settings (Settings > Audio)?

You should have the HDMI connection to the Denon defined as a Zone as well as the AirPlay connection.

Will it not also depend on what display device has been selected to.

Screenshot as example to find setting
f7876f15728e93b0ec042673f47a9c32e8ba3f31

Don’t think so. That’s not a Display screen I see in the second screenshot, and this function is not relevant for a device (the TV) being used to display the Roon UI.

1 Like

You probably just need to setup and select the proper zone in Roon.

Here is an audio screenshot
RoonConfg

Is the Denon only shown the once?

What’s shown is enabled and is airplay.

I think the problem is Denon, not Roon. I took a snapshot of the Denon settings from the IP. I am not sure which features need to be tweaked to make it default to the PC that is connected to the receiver.

You have Roon installed on your PC, so you should be seeing Audio devices in Settings > Audio, something like this:

Now, that AMD High Definition Audio Device is actually the HDMI connection to my monitor, and if I enable it, it becomes the Zone for my monitor’s speakers.

You should see something similar for the HDMI connection to your Denon and if you enable it, then you will have an additional Zone for your Denon. Even better, it will support multichannel audio…

The video signal going over the HDMI connection remains unchanged, so you will still see the Roon UI on your TV…

3 Likes

Hey @Patrick_Cummings,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, did @Geoff_Coupe’s note above help sort things out for you?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

I think I was finally able to configure the Computer, Denon AVR, and Smart TV
to work. When I selected the Denon as a zone, it would default to AirPlay. I was able to add a zone directly from my computer, and it worked. I am attaching a picture to show the configuration. Thanks all for the help with this… back to listening to music!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.