Won't boot up completely

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3GHZ, 6GB RAM

When I try to initiate the Roon software it only gets as far as the Roon icon in a white field. All other PC functions work correctly. No updates or other changes have been done to the PC. This had been working without failure since 2017.

Yesterday, when this first occurred, Roon asked for my password on boot up. I entered the correct password and initially accessed the software, though I had no Tidal or Qoobuz access. The next time I booted up Roon and every time since, I have been unsuccessful.

I would appreciate your assistance with this.

Thank you.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Connected to Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Connected to Logitech Transporter

Description Of Issue
Roon software hangs on loading. No audio from Roon through Transporter or other devices (Orchard Audio Streamer) Transporter works correctly streaming audio using Logitech Media Server or other Apps.

I downloaded and opened Roon software into another laptop successfully. However, when I activated the search for the Core (which is the affected PC) the software locked up just as in the Core.

I did a system restore on the Core PC to a date well prior to the malfunction without success.

Hello @Peter_Leroux, what router do you have? Are these computers directly connected to it? Also, have you had any windows updates recently? Lastly, could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. Please do this on the core that’s crashing, thanks!

Hello Nuwriy,

The router is a Luxul ABR-4400.
The PC (Core) and endpoints (Logitech Transporter and Orchard Audio Streamer) are directly connected to the router. No Windows updates have been accomplished.

Hello @Peter_Leroux, and thanks for posting those! Have we tried reinstalling Roon since the issue started? I know you did a system restore, but let’s give a reinstall a try.

Hi Nuwriy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the Roon software and thought that it would update the previous version. It did not. However, I did not uninstall Roon completely first. Should I try that?

Hi @Peter_Leroux,

Yes, uninstalling Roon and then reinstalling would definitely be a good test here. Can you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.