Won't play tracks until file is 'located'

Hi @John_Kustak1,

Looking through the logs around the time of the most recent crashes, Roon isn’t communicating properly with our metadata servers. I recommend setting aside the Roon server, which will help us identify if the issue is with the network:

  • Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Let me know if this helps at all.

Backup Made
Roon - renamed Roon_old_20220523
Reinstalled software - 1.8 Build 952
Setup new core and devices
Library is scanning. May take most of the day.
Music is playing and app is working as expected so far.

John

Hi @John_Kustak1,

I just wanted to follow up and see whether or not you’ve experienced stable playback since we last checked in. Hopefully everything continues to run smoothly since you last update.

Hello and thank you for following up. Things are improved, but I did have one glitch on Monday.
Basically I keep Roon running 24/7. For a few days everything was as expected. But on Monday I was listening to an album, songs would stop. It was a 96/24 file, but when I played the 44/16 version it too stopped mid-song.
I restarted my Roon core and files played normally. (I did not restart the iMac)
I continue to monitor.

Here are my raw notes:

PG family and the fishing net - 2 gaps.
2:02; FLAC 96/24 file. 3 error, kills entire song.
Time of error changes each time I play the file.
First 5 tracks played fine.
Intruder - gap , second gap.

Room core error- file loading slowly.
Moved to next track. Room stopped again
Froze for 15 seconds. They I could start the track again.
Stopped again

Will try CD quality.
Files stopped as well on Alac 44/16

Restarted roon core

Playing 96/48 family and fishing net.
No problems.