Workaround for Airplay not working after Build 1401 (ref#7GBP7J)

Confirming the following Airplay devices stopped working properly after 1401/1407 update: Devialet Dione and Devialet Mania. (I also have Phantom II but which is RoonReady and thus still streaming normally)

Also, the simple workaround of clicking the middle of the song duration bar to get the Airplay speakers playing worked for me! Thanks for posting that.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with my DAC, speakers, streamer, etc.

What best describes the issue with your audio device?

· Other

Describe the issue

Workaround for Airplay not working after Build 1401

Describe your network setup

Windows/PC, Android, Asus router

1 Like

Hey @sonicflux,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with Airplay.

Two follow up questions for you:

1. If you click pause, and then click play, does the same outcome happen when you click into the middle of the track to get proper playback?
  2. If you eliminate or add a level of DSP in your signal chain, does the same issue occur?

We’re seeing similar issues with Airplay that our team is actively working on a fix for, we’ll be curious to see what the above tests come back with.

We’ll be on standby for your reply. Thank you!

Hi @benjamin

1. Clicking on pause and then play did not start the music. Only when I click the track time bar does the music start playing (at the time that is selected).
  2. I normally don’t use DSP. I played around with enabling various DSP features like headroom management and parametric EQ, but I still had the same issue.

Hope this is helpful!
Chris

Thank you, this works for me too! I have only one endpoint that is giving problems being ‘unresponsive’, a Lithe Audio ceiling speaker (5 y.o). But iOS/Mac devices can still AirPlay to it fine. Another endpoint, an older (12 yrs?) Monitor Audio M2, I have to press play twice to ‘get it going’.

The Lithe Audio speaker, when I press Play, it changes to a Pause symbol (implying playback has started) and the little EQ icon dances about as if playing, but nothing is happening. No output and no progress.

Hi @sonicflux,

We should have some airplay improvements happening with our next release that I believe should help you.

After you update your Roon Server and remotes next, let me know if you still have issues. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.