Worst Album Covers (any genre)

Radio ventriliquism? Trying to get my head round that. I rekon I could have had a stab at that on the radio myself.

He did do TV as well but even so.
Then there was the one with lead actor aged 35 playing a cheeky schoolboy. He kept playing until he was 50.
The clitheroe kid. Not a vent just odd.

1 Like

Archie Andrews was the puppet not the vent :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Love Jimmy Clithero, the sound track of my youth… They play Re Runs on BBC Radio 4 extra from time to time and it’s still funny to me :joy:

In America, it was Edgar Bergen (Candice’s father) and his dummy Charlie McCarthy.

The laugh was that when TV came along people discovered that his lips moved, consequently impacting the whole ventriloquism bit.

3 Likes

From last year

Good list here

2 Likes

I have added this album as John hated this album cover and I agree!

1 Like

Great minds think alike . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbMO6tfy7g

Hitting all the bases.

noah's ark

5 Likes

BUT thats not the original …

https://images.app.goo.gl/teMMgeGyqmCZfT7K7

Desert island disc …

That’s the weirdest thing. In black and white even the worst album covers seem to acquire an artistic intent. :grimacing:

Maybe make it Sepia makes it classier still …

I think the colour made it brash , it was the CD release, i had the original 3LP box

That’s better. All done.

1 Like

My hero yet again :joy:

1 Like

Bought along with Troutmask Replica from a 2nd hand store in 1982. Troutmask went back the next day.

There was a second dummy used in some skits. Can you name him?

I could, of course, use Wikipeida, but I think it was something like Snerd?

My admiration for your not using Google. Yes, it was Mortimer Snerd. At first I thought it might have been Paul Winchell (sp?) who used Mortimer Snerd. Good job.

I cannot recall why we owned those albums.

It seems my head is full of useless factoids.

My excuse was that I was probably about 7 at the time and had to listen to whatever my parents bought. :slightly_smiling_face: