Worst Album Covers (any genre)

A Floridian Evangelical minister, which makes sense.

Being a priest would be totally out of character, if such a discernment is possible with Wayne.

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

Apologies if someone has already posted this. Even dog lovers might have a bit of a problem with this one.

6 Likes

A variant on the theme. Most disturbing video of the song. Basement Jaxx - Where’s Your Head At.

1 Like

1 Like

Continuing on my theme of crap classical album covers, someone has clearly listened with this.

Gone is the full width Woolworths second rate discount yellow label to something just as distinctive (I know they are stuck with awful yellow historically) but rather smart… It can be done…

I may even listen later…

DGG has gone in for a few Bannerless covers of late

Maybe they read your post

1 Like

I thought the Batiashvili/Rachveli was a very enjoyable cross-over album. Check out the opening Charlie Chaplin medley. Crossover is not everyone’s cup of tea I know. But apart from the improved DG aesthetics of the album cover the rest of it does not translate at all well into roon.

It’s a complex album in terms of metadata for sure, but not that unusual for Classical albums. There are 3 orchestras, 13 composers, 10 soloists. Nikoloz Rachveli has 4 roles including conductor, arranger, composer, piano. A single genre of “Classical” is hardly helpful, particularly in this case.

By the time it all gets into roon, there is a nice album cover (by Classical standards) but the rest of it is quite hit and miss and to my eyes aesthetically a dog’s dinner.

1 Like

6 Likes

This was one of my dear old mums favs

2 Likes

Beefy boys. I’ll have a glass of whatever they’ve been drinking.

1 Like

I grew up outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our neighbor had Frankie Yankovic and the Yanks to their house to play for a party. It created quite the buzz!

3 Likes

I spent 5 years in Neenah, WI and had a duo band with a friend. We played many wedding parties and other gigs and at Pine Mountain Ski Lodge in Iron Mountain. He played a Cordovox and sang. I played drums. The Cordovox sounded more like an organ than an accordion, thank goodness.

We did play Beer Barrel Polka, however.

2 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Good album though . . .

3 Likes

My worry is that people on this thread can EASILY find these in their collection :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This one is the Wurst. Or is it the best?

6 Likes
2 Likes

I take issue with the Johnny Guitar Watson one. Terribly brilliant :joy:

2 Likes