Original post seems to have gotten lost in cyberspace and mixed with other posts. I’ll try again.
Nucleus+, all audio is wired ethernet including to router (Linksys Velop). Other traffic does not pass through audio network. I have disconnected everything else- wired and WiFi- with no difference. Problem (software and / or hardware) began around the Build 528 update time frame. Symptom was extremely long time to do update- more than 10 hours for download. Playback to devices was fine. Then Build 571 did eventually update- many hours. However, playback now pauses for 5 seconds every minute or so. Playback is unusable. Cannot write audio files to drive ‘internal storage’- summary below. My path is smb://nucleusplus/data/storage/internalstorage/Hi Res Music Nucleus/… audio folders. ‘Hi Res Music Nucleus’ folder has spaces- is that an issue? Seems to be supported in audio file folders, but I thought I’d ask.
I did some more poking around after my reply about a possible SSD failure explaining my nucleus+ symptoms. I’m now not sure the SSD is sick, but who knows.
Looking at the Data path, there are / were three volumes- Internal storage (SSD), USB SSD for backup, another USB flash drive for more backups.
- I can create a folder in any of them ‘instantly’. I can rename it, I can delete it.
- I can copy files FROM any of the three volumes. However, copy time seems a lot longer- 800 MB takes about 3-1/2 minutes.
- I removed the two USB drives; no difference.
- If I play an audio file from ‘internal storage’, I now get the ‘file reading too slow’ message on my desktop Roon client. Playback stops for 5 seconds, then resumes for a minute or so. Eventually dies.
- If I attempt to copy a file (2 to 3 MB test file) TO ANY of the three volumes, it either takes forever (hours), or fails completely. Pressing ‘stop copy’ takes a bit over 3 minutes to cancel the operation.
- Maybe my Roon updates take so long (hours) because the file is written / buffered to a drive, and my write operation is hosed?
- Is my hardware sick (disk I/O)?
- Can a SSD failure present this way in your experience?
- Is it something in build 528 onward? 571 is MUCH worse. Maybe my problem is just escalating and the update issues are coincidental?
- How about a re-install of the Roon OS? It’s at v1.0, build 219. I assume disk I/O is coded there.
Any help would be appreciated- I’m having withdrawal!