Wyred4Sound MS-2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
How can I make my roon to work with my wyred4sound MS 2 server?

I have the server connected to the Mint and would like to use my roon subscription to run it.

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi @Daniel_Kostzer,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for reaching out!
I tried to locate information on the MS2 and based on a few other threads I found it doesn’t appear that this device is compatible with Roon:

I would reach out to Wyred4Sound support to inquire if there has been any change in the meantime or if the MS2 is still incompatible (the linked post is a bit dated).

1 Like

Perhaps by means of the interaction with squeezebox is an alternative? Would be very bad if there is no way of, at least, have a limited access…

Hi @Daniel_Kostzer,

I checked with our hardware team and this endpoint doesn’t seem to support audio output or Core capabilities through Roon.

It looks like this device may support Samba (SMB) shares, so I would check to see if you can add it as a storage location to Roon:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.