X86 Android support

The Teco Hudl (in the UK) won’t run it. Can’t upgrade the OS as far as I can see.

Is that the Tesco’s Hudi or Hudi 2?

My guess is it’s because the Hudi (Both variants) are Intel (Atom) not ARM.

Correct, Intel not supported at the moment.

Looks like a couple of us are having compatibly issues with the Android Roon Remote player.

Please state:

• Nature of issue
  • Version of Roon Software running on Core (Only if you can actually install the Android App)
  • Version of Android Roon Remote software
  • Android Version (must be 4.4 (Kit-Kat) or 5.0 (Lollypop))
  • Hardware
  • Architecture (ARM / Intel)

For me it’s

• Nature of issue - Google Play Store refuses to allow installation, citing incompatibility.
• Version of Roon Software running on Core - 1.0.3
• Version of Android Roon Remote software - Preview
• Android Version - 4.4 Kit-Kat
• Asus 7"
• Intel (I think this could be the issue but without the APK, I’m not sure)

Intel definitely not supported at the moment.

Has anyone managed to get the Roon (Preview) application to install, let alone run on a Intel based tablet?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Cheers,

Rik

Yes, on an HP Slate 21 pro

The Slate 21 uses a, NVIDIA Tegra 4 CPU which is an ARM SoC (At least according to their QuickSpec).

@Rik my apologies, you are absolutely correct.

Russ

@Ratbert No problem at all - you had me excited for a second.

The Slate 21 pro does look nice & quite cheap second hand. Do you like it as a remote (It’s the only app I’d install)?

Rik

Hi @Rik, Intel Android devices are not supported at the moment. Sorry I don’t know where it is in the pipeline.

@Rik

When I saw the Android app had been released this morning I arranged to borrow this from work, full test tonight and I will report back on how it performed tomorrow.

Cheers

Russ

Ok, tested the HP Slate 21 pro as a remote connecting to a Windows 7 laptop server, it worked well the touchscreen was responsive and the interface easy to read and to navigate, it seemed stable and throughout the evening of testing it did not appear to crash, I think it is well worth trying as it provides a 21 inch touchscreen interface for under £300.00.
I still think a 21 inch Android tablet is weird and wouldn’t normally choose to buy it, however as a single purpose Roon remote that is quiet (no spinning disk) quick to boot, it might make sense.

Disclaimer: I work for HP but have no vested interest in the HP Slate, (I run Mac’s)

Russ

Definitely very good value Russ… But have you divulged the Weight yet?? :wink:

496kg’s at least :open_mouth: not really but that’s what it felt like, definitely not a handheld device, but as a desktop touchscreen Roon remote I think it has merit, just make sure it is a well made desk!!

Cheers

Russ

Any update on when Android/Intel tablets will be supported?
I’ve got two, and it doesn’t really make sense for me to buy a subscription if I can’t use Roon on my tablets.

So no one at Roon willing to give us an idea when Android/Intel tablets will be supported?

@danny2 - we don’t give timelines anymore. Bad experiences.

Also, this exists in build 94. Should be in the Google Play Store in the next few hours or up to a day.

I’m running it on a not-yet-released Intel tablet, and it is awesomely fast.

1 Like

already got the update on one device.

@danny can you let us know when a new build is updated on the download link here? I am eager to try this on my Nexus Player.

they are up.