Yet another Qobuz problem

OK @noris, here are my tests and conclusions.

First, I said up above that problem occurred at all Qobuz streaming res. I confused this problem with the track ending abruptly problem. If I stream at CD quality, there is no late start of audio. Anything greater than CD quality causes the problem to occur. I corrected it in the above post.

After unplugging and replugging devices, I found that tthe presence or absence of any particular device has no effect. Unlike @Anita_Borst, I have no Bluesound devices. For a complete description of my Roon environment see this link -

For completeness sake, a list of what I unplugged/replugged -

1. Mutec MC-3
  2. Replaced a new Pangea USB cable with the AQ cable I was previously using.
  3. Replaced my new RPi 4 with the old RPi 3.
  4. Replaced my iFi Pro DSD with an iFi DAC2
  5. Took my PrimaLuna pre-amp out of the chain (may the gods forbid that should be implicated)
  6. Replaced some new balanced star quad (Canare L-4E6S) cables, that run from my pre-amp to my monoblocks, with the old balanced (Belden 1800F) cables.

Nothing made a difference; the problem persisted.

This problem happens when -

1. There is a mix of albums in the queue and play switches from a track on one album to a track on a different album.
  2. If ‘Play Now’ is selected from the album screen, then the first track of the album has the problem. Succeeding tracks start OK.

This problem doesn’t happen when -

1. Roon Radio is choosing the next track.
  2. If ‘Queue’ is selected from the album screen and then play is initiated from the queue screen.

All of the above are true (with the exception of Roon Radio which is N/A) whether tracks are streamed or are local.

Some puzzlements -

1. Why is streaming from Roon Radio seemingly immune?
  2. Why does the res (CD quality vs. higher res) of a track effect the next track when the next track is local?

I can’t state categorically that this began with V1.7, but since I noticed it immediately with the release of V1.7 it seems to be a cause.

Try streaming from Qobuz the two tracks I mention above. ‘Spider Web’ should start ‘I dreamed about’, but instead starts ‘dreamed about’.

Stay in touch. :slightly_smiling_face:'.

BTW - This may seem like a minor complaint, but you would be surprised how jarring the problem is.