You have £20,000 (or your equivalent currency) to spend on your hi-fi, what do you buy?

MBL 116 F Elegance Loudspeakers.
I reckon that’s the budget blown.

Analog Open Reel Tape Machines | BALLFINGER | The ultimate analog sound is back

New wiring for the Hi Fi room, then a power conditioner.

Sweet memories of my Revox A77 (80s)

1 Like

Those are the speakers I own.

1 Like

When did the A77 get all the extra knobs , mine was a mark III I believe?

Probably the only speakers I’d change my Focal Utopias for.

Searching too fast on Google… Anyhow, a great machine. When the compact cassette quality improved (with Dolby C) I sold my A77 to my uncle (who still has it) and bought a Revox B215, also a great machine. Sold that one too after a few years and bought a Sony MiniDisc. Ah, all those devices…

PS The real A77

1 Like

That’s what mine looked like “minimalist knobs” . I ran mine in parallel with a Nakamichi 610 (?) then latterly moved on to Nakamichi 582 then CR7e

Them were the days …

MBl robot would be a better name than Elegant. :sweat_smile:

Exterminate,exterminate. :wink:

1 Like

That has as many knobs and the tape splicer as has my PR99 , mine has the digital counter and rack cheeks however.

Sorry, I just saw this from 2 years ago! However, the answer is yes, when I was waiting for the Premier Power Base to arrive, I used the standard one power supply that came with the DAC. Anemic compared to the MSB Analog DAC and power supply that I had before. It just didn’t have that “oomph.” When I installed the Power Base, it was a significant improvement, and I am not prone to “blows me away” type opinions when it comes to electronics and cables, but this was a significant step up from one power supply. You can also have two, but I never tried the two together.

Well @sean_clayton1 is still about so he might find it useful to know.

1 Like

Not come across this thread until now.

These

But I’d need £50k in total though for this

Thanks for the feedback