Your Album of the Year (2018)

Can I vote for Charles Lloyd twice ? What an amazing album.

2 Likes

Thanks Andybob. I knew nothing about Eat the Elephant, but 1 and a bit tracks in and I’m hooked.

1 Like

This is a bit of a departure for me, and it took a while but now I see the beauty of this album…
RoonShareImage-636809254670177000

8 Likes

I am massive Low fan.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Have seen them several times, both in DC and Seattle.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Definitely in my top 5 :smiley:

RE: David August - thanks. Great suggestion. Evocative, haunting with great imagery, almost Floyd-like. I love the way it metamorphoses from light to dark and even black and white to colour and all shades in between (and then back again). Looking forward to playing it VERY loud at my New Year’s Eve party when I will get everybody listening to it on headphones. Will be surreal as we usher in the New Year. Shame it isn’t MQA but probably safer otherwise some heads might have exploded! Happy holidays.

1 Like

re: Doug Paisley - he sounds just like somebody else but I can’t think who. One of the Buckleys, Gordon Lightfoot?? Could somebody put me out of my misery otherwise I won’t be be able to stop thinking about it. BTW is he left-handed or was the picture taken in a mirror?

Re: Low. Help, the needle has stuck on the first track! Does anybody else have this problem or it is my setup? Thanks.

Are you referring to the distortion? The distortion is intentional, on the recording.

Oh :disappointed: Are you sure? Was thinking about replacing my original Soundsticks with KEF LSX, perhaps I don’t need to now if it was on the record. I thought the needle was sticking throughout the whole track. On the other hand must be pretty impressive production to make it deliberately sound like that - it certainly fooled me.

It is challenging to listen to for sure, at least the first few times. I nearly gave up but I’m glad I didnt. It creeps into your head…

Dark Doom Metal Jazz…

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

Great album at home or on a road trip

11 Likes

Is it musical?