album of my month is this
much fun to listen

https://i.imgur.com/wVjb2xg.png

he set the whole album online here for a listen

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637583229439255185

Find them on Bandcamp
Smoking Land Part III KING WEED

One of the last Big Hair bands…saw them at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre back in the early 90’s I think…their performance was great…that theater is made for music acoustics… Have not listened to them very recently…I’ll have to cue them up!

Thanks!

1 Like

Larry
I saw them on that tour so about 77?
I still have no idea why they call it Bingley Hall as it is just a huge field in the middle of an even bigger field full of cow’s!
Or it was back then at least.
Saw Santana and Rainbow at the same venue.
Fortunately the gods of weather were asleep as it did not rain at any of those outdoor events.

Kevin,
77…Yikes maybe I missed it by a decade plus? I do know it was their Paradise Theater tour for sure.

Wow a field full of Cows? Well I hope you got a seat up-wind if you know what I mean…I only saw Carlos Santana once at the Newport Pop Festival that was put on late 60’s maybe? I’m not familiar with Rainbow…

Qobuz has this in 192/24 and it sounds brilliant. Stevie Winwood never sounded so damn good. Had to Cry Today, Well All Right and Sea of Joy are stone-cold classics.

I also have this on vinyl. A Japan press with the non-US highly questionable cover (I use the obi to protect the modesty of the young lady).

10 Likes

This is defiantly a favorite of mine, when I first heard this I played it nonstop for a week! It’s upbeat and just makes me want to dance!

Thanks to Roon Discovery I was able to find and play this album again! There is so much music that sometimes great tunes go forgotten for periods of time!

3 Likes

Two more long time favourites that still get plenty of rotation

1 Like

Freshman year of highschool I lived in the middle of nowhere. So the school provided a bus, every 6:30am I hopped the bus for a 45 minute ride. The seniors at the back played this album EVERY day. It was non negotiable.

That bus was thunderdome in every way, but this album! Yeah it grew on me a lot.
RoonShareImage-637587883527553968

11 Likes

June’s selection chose itself in May. I’ve been posting fewer “what are we listening to” posts as I’ve been playing a lot of Dexys recently. This came out when I was 13 and I bought my first copy then. Played the vinyl to death and the CD is battered from spending years in the car. While the other Dexy’s albums are all good this is still the original and best for me. Nearly every track is a belter IMHO.

11 Likes

This album makes me smile every time I listen to it. It’s not only it’s sound and what it does, but it’s its place in time and space for me. When it came out I used to walk my daughters to school and on the way home I’d put my ear buds in, take the long way home, and listen to it every day for what must have been a month or more, I was completely obsessed with it.

3 Likes

I had no idea, watched some YouTube and ordered some vinyl renditions, ao, thank you for this.

One of the best albums ever recorded…especially the AP SACD:

RoonShareImage-637594103522803920

8 Likes

This mornings listening pleasure …

RoonShareImage-637594468181883224

RoonShareImage-637594468477509591

3 Likes

How did they get their turntables on the bus?

1 Like

It was the mid 80’s. They had a boom box.
Why this album no idea (~14 years later?) they had made it clear what I could do with my views . . . Van Halen and Quiet Riot were big also. Joan Jett also made frequent appearances.
I honestly seem to recall Tracey’s girlfriend liked it and he would simply physically destroy you if you had a problem with that. He was a large angry specimen.

1 Like

Looks like I have to right a grave injustice in this thread!
How can this album have not been mentioned yet?
Arguably their finest hour ( well 40 minutes) and the standout Feel the Benefit still has me reaching for the volume control and cranking it up to 11.
I give you…

7 Likes

I have posted that a couple of times, but probably in the main what are we listening thread.
It is an excellent album :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a a great one but looking at my listening habits this is my favorite form10cc.

5 Likes

Summer solstice inspired. Two more long time favourites.

7 Likes