Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2023-01]

Another beautiful day for a walk on the beach :sunglasses:

18 Likes

A small taste of Dartmoor National Park on New Year’s Day…

… and Remnants of the railway, 4 foot 6 inch gauge, serving the granite quarries estimated at 200+ years old.

21 Likes

…and a “couple” more from beautiful & expensive trip to the moors…

The Clapper bridge at Becka Brook

A former open quarry near Haytor

Great Tor Rocks (middle-ground) & Hound Tor behind…

the expensive bit was hitting a pothole on the return drive which has written off an alloy wheel that will cost around £650 + tyre:confounded:

HAPPY NEW YEAR :cry:

22 Likes

Ouch! Can you sue the Council?

No, they’re not interested, they claim that they’re not able to guarantee a defect free road surface.
I hit a series of potholes while cycling which cracked the frame & at that time wasn’t repairable, the local authority wouldn’t accept liability & so that cost my insurance company £2650.

:roll_eyes:

That almost sounds like living in Colombia…

local politicians! we pay for the services but never get what we’re promised :rage:

Same here… we don’t have any moors, but plenty of potholes and incompetent or rather corrupt local authorities…

1 Like

We have the same “issues” but the politicians are better at concealing their dealings….

1 Like

Ouch!
Very ouch!!

1 Like

I feel for you , South African roads are badly constructed , any heavy rain. ( which we have had plenty this summer ) simply washes the foundations away exposing the earths core !!

3 Likes

An SA friend, now UK resident, made similar comments, I glad i’m in the UK (but only just)…

That could be easily misinterpreted

1 Like

No sunglasses worn cockeyed allowed here! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Women ahead.

Drunk women…:grin:

2 Likes

Beware of falling brassières ?

4 Likes

SPAIN - Sitges

19 Likes

18 Likes