Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2023-01]

14 Likes

Nice collection

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

My latest :grinning:

11 Likes

Plant or audio device? :smile:

2 Likes

Plants. Another offshoot of the Pilea peperomioides and baby Beaucarnea.
The prime is no longer in its prime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The top rack of my collection. These are my pups. The larger ones are below under the grow lights.

16 Likes

Columbine fliers, in the yard

12 Likes

100th anniversary of Antwerp airport. Static show today.

15 Likes

Small photo dump, I need to start looking at this thread more, very cool pics all :+1:

14 Likes

Last night at Fred Hersch‘s wonderful piano concert, co-performing with Igor Levit.

A memorable evening in a stunning concert hall! Brilliant!

9 Likes

Revisited: The Western Veil Nebula (Caldwell 36), a.k.a. “The Witch’s Broom”.

14 Likes

It is spring time and lot of offsprings around, as these Goosander with chicks.

24 Likes

Airshow Antwerp Airport

18 Likes

Took a stroll down this normally busy street to get a picture of the mist on the mountains south of town. It is one of my favorite views while driving. It’s nice to see something so timeless and peaceful as a backdrop for pavement, cars, and power lines.

10 Likes

Hebden Bridge, upper Calder Valley, West Yorkshire, England. 20th May.
Circular walk to the ‘Phallic Symbol’ that is Stoodley Pike.
Lovely part of the world.

17 Likes

The truck in front of me as we were waiting for the lights to change.

6 Likes

The church spire in the last photo of my last post is St Thomas, Heptonstall. This village is a STEEP climb above Hebden Bridge!
The walking route starts with a brutal hike “up the buttress” as the locals say!

The old ruined church sits next to the current church. ‘King’ David Hartley is buried in the cemetary. If you don’t know the story of the Cragg Vale coiners, it’s very interesting.
Cragg Vale Coiners - Wikipedia
Yes, we left coins on his gravestone :smiley:

In the newer cemetary is the grave of the famous American poet and author Sylvia Plath. She was married to local poet (Laureat) Ted Hughes. The headstone has been vandalised many times over the years, as people do not approve of Hughes name being on the headstone, due to specifics related to his marriage to Plath.

Heptonstall is spookily quiet. We saw hardly anyone on the streets in and around the village.
We did however encroach on a film crew doing a piece on the Cragg Vale Coiners (very topical). The presenter was a guy called Kevin Duala, who happens to be a scouser - like my wife.
Kevin and my wife basically talked about Liverpool for five minutes! Amazing how people drop into a harsher version of their native accent when they meet a fellow local. Kevin’s greeting to my wife “alright girl”

A couple of beers and then the hike back down to Hebden Bridge.
“The pub was frequented by the Cragg Coiners during the late 16th Century. We have a display of dies and coins in our dining room, which is certainly worth a visit.”

19 Likes

Old supreme court building, Hongkong

13 Likes

17 Likes