Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2023-01]

Its worth it if there is no fog/low cloud .Its one hell of a view , you can see the sea from the top if I remember correctly

The video is showing poor visibility. Unless you can see at the top it could be a hairy and hazardous waste of time. The road looks a bit potholed !!

1 Like

All roads in the UK are potholed, it’s like driving on a suburban obstacle course just going to the shops.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11883587/Britains-pothole-plague-14billion-11-years-fix-damning-report-reveals.html

3 Likes

It isn’t in the best of states. Trouble is satnav guides lorries and campers over and as people blindly follow them they get stuck and as the bends are on such cambers scrape the surface up.
You are correct, you can see the sea at Ravenglass.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/LakeDistrict/comments/13i2dbm/how_not_to_drive_up_hardknott_pass_in_fact_if/

1 Like

15 Likes

Another of the many visitors to the bird feeder…

22 Likes

Woody!! Great shots.

2 Likes

10 Likes

I know this is late reply but here it is (NASA even got it):
A Multiple Green Flash Sunset | Science Mission Directorate.

And another one:

2 Likes

Supernova SN 2023ixf.

11 Likes

Staying in an apartment up on the hills above La Spezia in north west Italy. Beautiful scenery

17 Likes

Looks gorgeous! Have a great vacation!

1 Like

Enjoy & send loads of pics :+1:t4:

1 Like

Ok dropping a photo bomb here. I took my Lotus to the Pangbourne College Classic Car Show today and these are just a small selection of the 350 cars that were gleaming in the June sunshine!

Lamborghini Huracan

McLaren 765LT

1902 Oldsmobile

2x Morgan. one is a plus six I think

Beautiful metallic green MG A

…more to follow…

12 Likes

Not entirely sure what this is, but it looked great!

Enormous Bentley S1

Bristol 2 litre

AC Cobra

Rolls Royce 25/30 Sports Coupe

10 Likes

A very rare spot, Sunbeam Tiger

Lotus Turbo Esprit, resplendent from the paint shop

Lotus Exige S2

And last but not least a wonderful Sprite!

11 Likes

Have fun! Checking out the Italian navy?

1 Like

It’s Le Weekend……

A Sunday morning stroll along a very small part of The Monarch’s Way The escape route of King Charles the 2nd in 1651 [625 Long Miles] in Dorset - (Monarch's Way - Wikipedia)

A Wasp Beetle Clytus arietis

New Friends

A sign of the times…

16 Likes

Fiddlers Ferry Power Station is a decommissioned coal fired power station located in [Widnes], Cheshire, England. Opened in 1971,the station had a generating capacity of 1,989 megawatts and took water from the River Mersey. After privatisation in 1990, the station was operated by various companies, and from 2004 to 2022 by SSE Thermal. The power station closed on 31 March 2020. The site was acquired by Peel NRE in July 2022.

The view is from the grounds of our local public house. I’m trying to persuade the landlord that his ‘Beer Garden’ is the prime location for film crews, when the towers are eventually “blown up”. He could make a nice amount of money from an open day…weather permitting.

13 Likes

Slightly off topic. This afternoon, on the way back down the hill from our local pub. Some interesting curiosities hidden away in a seemingly abandoned building.

Bentley Mulsanne Turbo. Just sat there, at the side of the road!!

14 Likes