1 Room correction/convolution engine
2 Better editing or handling capabilities of meta data
3 Low(er) budget active speakers that are Roon ready for multi room

1. Internet Radio
  2. Better Tidal playlist searching
  3. That is all
  1. An iPhone app
  2. Integration with other streaming services, in case Tidal goes under
  3. Integration with Bluesound (I know it depends on them, but still, I can wish, right?)
  1. Roon endpoint on established hardware such as Bluesound Node2
  2. Option to kill the “pawmasher” and default to playback from here in albums and playlists (with ONE click)
  3. Support for Spotify to complement Tidal

Synology NAS support
Additional Streaming Services
More flexibility with metadata – ability to create and use custom tags

It’s pretty great as is. That said:

1. MQA
  2. Internet radio
  3. Lightly extendable schema (the ability to add (for example) 1-5 fields for each of the core entities that can be used for sorts and focuses
  1. Multi-channel support
  2. Better HQP integration
  3. Plugin support
  1. A proper screensaver/Now Playing display for HTPCs
  2. Radio mode that doesn’t choose the same things over and over again

3. Internet Radio

I will attempt to answer this but first a question to Roon itself. What is Roon supposed to be?

I started with you via Sooloos and I’m sticking with you. For me Roon is all about the interface and my interaction with it. Roon (and Sooloos before it) kept me because of the SQ. So in keeping with that:

1. Improved metadata, especially for classical.
  2. Develop a standardized method so that DSP (whether its’ HQ Player we have now or Dirac or something else) can easily be “plugged in”. Soon doesn’t need to be these things, others can do that.
  3. Connection to other devices. The more the better. iPhone, NAA, anything and everything. The more and easier it is for Roon to be on devices and connect to them the more ubiquitous Roon will be.
  4. Make it stupid simple to get music in and music out. I don’t mean just audiophiles, but everyone.

So, stated differently:

1. Be the deficto interface
  2. Have the best metadata
  3. Connected to everything

That is all I want. :grin:

First, thanks for asking this question. Could be open to some trivial stuff (maybe mine! - apologize if so) and the willingness to improve is important to us all. Looking at whats listed though they all seem to make sense. I just moved to Roon from one of the top line competitors frequently mentioned in “the best” columns and so far I’ve been astounded by the SQ improvement Roon has brought to my system. I’ve spent many hours and $'s assembling the digital delivery side and Roon literally jumped me to another level. So thank you for that and this long intro is part of my first request and its for what not to do. Please don’t do anything to compromise the delivery of the music.

I’ve also put much time into a rating system that I tediously maintain and guard through multiple backups. They are, importantly, based on my taste in music not the taste of the majority of listeners of a music service. Of all the great albums out there there are few that all have five star music. If we want to listen to our highest rated music of a genre or create a playlist of highly rated music of multiple genres or artists, the rating system is critical. I know its difficult to import the rating from another music program but it can easily be done through group editing of songs based on an imported playlist of, say, 5 star music.

I really like everything else so far so I’ll stop there but room EQ of MQA seem like good requests as well again provided the EQ side doesn’t degrade the basic product

Thanks for listening!

1. Improve SQ equal to Amarra Symphony or Pure Music 3
  2. Smart Playlists (as in iTunes)
  3. Synology NAS server

1. QOBUZ integration (Tidal is needy as regards the classical music)
2. Advanced metadata management
(including artwork, lyrics,
 including files update with the new data)
3. Advanced playlist management (with artwork)
4. QNAP server
5. Booklet integration
6. iPhone software

1. Improvement to RADIO- including, but not limited to: selective continuum ranging from “artist only” to “most discovery” as well as inclusion of Tidal tracks/albums/artists not currently saved to provide ultimate music discovery experience.
  2. Internet Radio Tune-in, Pandora- searchable by genre, location and bitrate
  3. Cloud based backup.

Thanks! Keep up the great work.

1. better radio (including selection like the “moodwheel” of B&O and inclusion of Tidal tracks)
  2. discovery function : if focus on X then include alike Tidal tracks
  3. automatic replacement : IF MP3 track in collection AND Flac track in Tidal THEN replace automatic for best quality
  1. An option for a static queue. Songs stay on it until I delete them and it does not change its sequence when I skip songs.
  2. See #1. Please.
  3. Improved Radio algorithm and Internet Radio
  1. Multichannel support
  2. Bring in the rest of allmusic’s metadata (e.g., Billboard charting, Grammy awards, etc.)
  3. Song chords in addition to lyrics
  1. iphone/AppleTV4 Remote

2. Synology/QNAP Server 
 Linux Server

3. automatic replacement ( choose the best quality between library and tidal or over steaming service )

4. Apple music integration ( i can dream ) + Qobuz intégration

5. AU/VST compatibility

1. iPhone remote app
  2. iPhone remote app
  3. Ability to sync iTunes play count
1 Like
  1. Full metadata editing (linking and adding objects, adding reviews, etc)
  2. Full album art/liner notes integration
  3. Better album organisation on artist pages - separate out albums, singles, compilations, bootlegs etc into separate sections on the artist’s page (this works to an extent at present though is limited)