Your Top 3 Priorities for Roon

4 posts were split to a new topic: Album organisation on Artist Page

1. Browse by folder structure
  2. Support convolution filters created by Acourate and Audiolense, automatic sample rate switching.
  3. Enable accessing Roon Server from the Internet. I can do this with Synology Audio Station (DS Audio), Plex, JRiver. It’ll be nice to be able to do this through Roon, honestly, even if audio is slightly compressed that’s also fine with me.
  1. iPhone remote
  2. Better Radio algorithm - possibly configurable and/or expanded to include recent history played vs last song
  3. Additional Streaming Services
  1. A comprehensive and consistent way to manage the application of user metadata and Roon metadata
  2. Faster and more dense views for listings of artists, albums and tracks
  3. Playlist management with the ability to add, remove and reorder artists, albums and tracks as well as exporting the playlist to m3u and/or exporting to mobile device
  1. A feature allowing individual track ratings.

That’s it for me!

Internet radio

1. Play all format types that JRiver allows including WMA & APE.
  2. Cue splitter which JRiver supports.
  3. Better metadata features/able to use only metadata stored in files (not pulled from Internet).
1 Like
  1. PCM to DSD up sampling on-the-fly (yes, I can get this with HQP now, but I would like to see this built into Roon, as well as other DSP enhancements)
  2. Internet Radio
  3. Smart playlists (and Focus linked to playlists)
  1. iPhone remote app
  2. Meta-data for new releases on release date
  3. Liner notes
  1. SACD-ISO support
  2. Multichannel
  3. Internet radio
1 Like

I want to echo this one. I still miss how well rdio (RIP) did this. I feel like I need to search out new music now in a way that it was previously surfaced to me based on my current library.

Perhaps similar, as it would use a similar algorithm:

1. Improve “Discover” to reach into Tidal and highlight new or interesting albums not yet in my collection. Finding out a favorited band has a new album out a few weeks later, because it didn’t get featured in Tidal’s narrow definition of what’s popular, is frustrating. It would be great if my library was the basis to suggest other things I might be interested in.

2. Remote Access: perhaps this is possible and I don’t have the networking chops to sort it out. I can enjoy Roon from home, but I would love to be able to use my laptop as a remote connection to utilize Roon at work (similar to plex)

2 Likes

Thanks for asking. Top 3:

1. Bring SQ on par with top players (integration with HQPlayer helped for sure, but Amarra still sounds way better, especially in cache/playlist mode)
  2. Remote for iPhone (even if only basic functions, like play/pause/next)
  3. Radio/Internet Radio
  1. RoonSpeakers on Linux (pref. RPi support, preferably as Debian package or released as source).
  2. Room correction in Roon Server. Roon Correction!!! (Sorry).
  3. iPhone remote support.
  1. Alarm functionality
  2. Internet radio
  3. iPhone remote
1 Like

iPhone remote
iPhone remote
iphone remote

2 Likes

iPhone remote
Liner Notes
Greatly enhanced playlist features and functionality

Hi, that’s quite broad care to elaborate … What are you looking for?

Sorry, I intentionally did not get specific on that one because there are so many great suggestions on the thread titled “We Want Your Ideas For Playlists”. It was also stated by Brian Degman (Roon Labs Designer) that “playlists are a notorious weak spot for us”. Therefore, I will presume that more than a few additional features will be added and I agreed with a vast majority of them. Hope that clarifies my lack of specificity.
Thanks for the call-out on this.

Thanks for update and pointers to those topics.

• smartphone remote (not only iphone)

• Wake On Lan the Server througt the Remote Clients

• Support for OfflineDrives as Datasource in the Server App (My Roon Server is on the HTPC with all my music on a Windows Offline Drive automatically synced to it. So my real Server doesnt have to run all the time. But Roon does only work correctly with this drives when the server is up. When he is down Roon cant access the folders though the files are able to accessed by explorer and for example JRiver)

Not so important but very handy:

• Smart playlists like iTunes

• Sync back changes in Tidal Playlists made in Roon

• Alsways use best quality files: if local files are better use them instead of Tidal and the other way arround

• The ability to add a convolver to each roonplayer including the airplay devices.