Your top ten albums of 2021

It’s one of the few list’s where I already have about half of the album’s in my library.
That makes it interesting enough to listen to the other half.

1 Like

About the same for me.
Rocket Kings is the list moderator’s band so we may be biased :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a good list and there is a lot I agree with there. Certainly I have all of those albums and consider most of them to be excellent. I would say that 2007 looks like an aberration though, for me it has to be In Rainbows.

2 Likes

So The Coral, Rocket Kings and Black Country, New Road are the next three albums up in the queue.
That takes me to 9 of the 12 in the top ten :wink:

Surprised to see Richard Dawson & Circle on there though I was only introduced to it in Dec and I thought it was great.

2 Likes

It’s a fun list and if anyone wants to be on it for next year just let me know.

An example of the widespread voting and flavour of the emails

• 514 nominations were made (443 last year) (1 album was disqualified for not meeting the criteria)

• 336 different albums were nominated (272 last year):

• 1 album had 13 votes

• 2 albums had 11 votes

• 1 album had 10 votes

• 1 album had 8 votes

• 1 album had 7 votes

• 3 albums had 6 votes

• 3 albums had 5 votes

• 5 albums had 4 votes

• 20 albums had 3 votes

• 40 albums had 2 votes

• 257 albums had 1 vote

One of the people is an auditor, so

Funny you should say that, XXXX was kind enough to give me a sneak peek of rundown of the cover versions “The Yell” have recorded thus far – looks great…

• “(Other people’s) Money”
  • “Leaving on a Jet Plane (economy class unless previously approved)”
  • “We Can Work It Out (We have Excel)”
  • “Chasing Payments”
  • “Tax Machine” (Danny does a great James Brown impression on this one)

Looking forward the rest of the setlist with the obvious inclusions of “Taxman”, “Money for Nothing” and, of course, “If I Had $1,00,000 (I wouldn’t have to bother submitting these dodgy expenses)”.

1 Like

I’m a little late with this but new to the forum and this post really piqued my interest. After compiling my list I found just one previously mentioned match, London Grammar’s excellent Californian Soil. Roon says AES Dana’s (a) period was my most played album, by many hours!

Christian Löffler - Parallels: Shellac Reworks
Illuvia - Iridescence of Clouds
Leaving Laurel - Leaving Laurel
Lauge / Perry Frank - Selvascapes
Markus Guentner - Extropy
August Wilhelmsson - Interim
AES Dana - (a) period.
London Grammar - Californian Soil
Eli & Fur - Found In The Wild
Elder Island - Swimming Static

1 Like