Zone missing is it Roon or something else

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC IMAC OS 10.15.05

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connections to Netgear splitter. to eero router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NUC 7 with ROCK> QnapNAS via USB.

NUC connected via ethernet>splitter (multi network inputs)

orchard audio pecan pie DAC>speaker via RCA DAC connected via ethernet

Description Of Issue

After having Roon running all day i came home to discover a track was playing but there was no sound coming from the speaker.

I rebooted everything and when Roon came up the audio zone that i used was not there.
the audio zone for my upstairs system was displayed and i could access and play from my library.

This leads me to conclude the culprit likely my DAC? It is no longer displayed on Roon.

Appreciate any help

thank you

gotta be the DAC …everything else works fine.

Not a Roon issue

This sounds to me like a possible network discovery issue. Presumably if the Eero is acting as a router, it has replaced the one normally supplied by your ISP, and is acting as DHCP server? Did you restart the router, not just the client devices?

Hi @thomas_clark1,

Are you able to see the DAC over the network outside of Roon?

thx for your reply…things ok now.

DAC manufacturer thinks it may have been updating to latest edition.

works now.

Praise the Lord

Good to hear you are up and running. If it happens again, I would still look at your network setup first, but lets hope you don’t need to.

Agreed…feel like i loose a limb when such things happen

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.