Zones are Disappearing and Reappearing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac running the core is on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with 12GB memory. I had approximately 34-40% of memory when the Zones disappeared and reappeared (multiple times today). at the time of both skips. The iMac is a 2.5 GHz Core I5. Running latest 1.7 build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

iMac is connected directly to the network via Ethernet cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Speakers on the iMac are directly connected via the sound port. My other endpoint is using Chromecast with a wireless network connection.

Description Of Issue

The issue I am experiencing is I am streaming an album sitting at the iMac Core and the Zone for the iMac / Core just disappears for a about five seconds and then it will reappear. I have had this same behavior happen also at least twice today listening (also streaming via Qobuz) using my Chromecast Zone.

This problem plus skipping of tracks also when streaming via Qobuz is making it difficult to use the current 1.7 release. I’m sure your team is working to quickly resolve these and other issues that people are having.

Thanks for the great support!

Phil

Hi @PhilG,

Thank you for reaching out to us!
I have a few suggestions for these issues:

Can you check to see if Roon and RAATServer are still added as exceptions to your MacOS Firewall? You can use these instructions to check. If you have any other sort of firewall (like Little Snitch/Bullguard/McAFee/ect.) I would make sure the exceptions are added there as well.

Is the behavior the same if you log out of Qobuz and back in? Can you try playing to System Output and let me know if that is stable?

Hello,

Wow, that was a quick response. Would you believe I don’t even have the firewall enabled. Just checked.

I have been testing using the CoreAudio which I think that’s what you mean by System Output? I may have had one skip but I could be wrong. I need to listen a little longer. I did not logout of Qobuz and log back in yet.

Any other thoughts re: the Zone disappearing issue. It even happened when set to CoreAudio playing off my iMac (Core).

I appreciate your help.

Thanks, Phil

Hi @PhilG,

We’re on at “odd” hours doing support :slight_smile:

This is a good check, thanks.

If you notice it occur on System Output please let me know the exact local time + date of failure.

Do give this a try.

Please let me know a timestamp for when this issue occurs.

Hi, if I logout of Qobuz or Tidal for that matter, will all the albums I have in my Roon library remain in tact? I’m sure the answer is yes but just checking. I guess I could backup my DB just to be safe.

Thanks, Phil

Yes, they will stay intact, but as you mentioned, backups never hurt.

A post was split to a new topic: Audio Zones disappear every 30 seconds

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.