Attention Roon Users Please Read- You are snobs

Let me quote, "…seems that allot of new users come here with allot of common issues that are not “In Your face documented" which can be prevented before you even start using Roon.
So I wanted to see if we can put something together”

I disagree. This is a subscription service which usually means customer support from those who receive the money. I am sick of being treated like a newbie, lazy Q&A reader, stupid person.

The Roon documentation is exhausting to comprehend, most from tech nerds who would not know what real music sounded like or how to actually play music hide behind their devices and ridicule others who are lost.

Snobs may be harsh. Better than others…yes.

WOW

I asked for a video tutorial a year ago and was laughed at. Support is worthless as I have to write a novel before I can get direction.

Hi @George_Burrows. I’m sorry to read this feedback about your experience with Roon.

We almost never get this kind of feedback about our technical support or our customer service. In fact we hear from people nearly every day about how great their experiences have been dealing with our team, and getting their issues resolved.

Often people who were initially skeptical about how we do support here on Community write to tell us how impressed they been with our dedication to resolving every issue, for every customer, no matter how big or how small. This is even true for cases when the underlying problem didn’t actually turn out to be Roon at all, like this one.

So I really am puzzled by why your experience has been so different from the tens of thousands of other people using Roon and getting help when needed.

Whether you realize it or not, our team not only supports tens of thousands of users, but we support an almost unlimited number of possible configurations. The vast majority of issues that are reported to us get traced back to small environmental differences – a weak Wifi signal, a cable that’s recently gone bad, a network setting that isn’t configured right, an audio device with some unique characteristics that’s never been used with Roon before, and so on.

We work exhaustively with people to identify these kinds of subtle distinctions and resolve problems, and this process can be quite quick when the initial support request includes a detailed description of the environment. Unfortunately, there’s almost nothing we can do without understanding the environment Roon is running in, and unfortunately we never got that information from you here or here.

I want to understand how we can do better George – video tutorials are a great idea, and something we’ve considered, but we resolve all kinds of issues here on this site every day so I don’t think that’s actually the rub here. If we missed something, or can improve in some way, please let me know. And if you’re still having any issues, please make sure to let us know and provide the details we need to help.

Thanks!

1 Like

So I really am puzzled by why your experience has been so different from the tens of thousands of other people using Roon and getting help when needed.

I am not in the 10K and I am sure there are others but feel intimidated.

The vast majority of issues that are reported to us get traced back to small environmental differences – a weak Wifi signal, a cable that’s recently gone bad, a network setting that isn’t configured right, an audio device with some unique characteristics that’s never been used with Roon before, and so on.

I have a strong network. I can connect to Main Roon which plays but on a Zone that I did not select. It is Roon related. I know the fix is available from the community. I am exhausted having to post multiple time and treated like I am an idiot. Too much of my time.

And I get this BS response:
I want to understand how we can do better George – video tutorials are a great idea, and something we’ve considered, but we resolve all kinds of issues here on this site every day so I don’t think that’s actually the rub here. If we missed something, or can improve in some way, please let me know. And if you’re still having any issues, please make sure to let us know and provide the details we need to help.

By the way. Have you every considered that some users are dyslexic or have conditions where the mounds of single spaced text and thousands of links are overwhelming?

I have a personal email? George Burrows

I appreciate this feedback and your concern for other users. As I mentioned, we resolve issues and hear feedback from customers every day, and I can tell you that our customers are generally not shy about letting us know where they think we can improve.

With all due respect George, everyone thinks they have a strong network, until we start troubleshooting. And we can’t start troubleshooting until we get basic information.

I’m not sure why telling us a few details about your setup would be exhausting, but we’re here to help. There’s just very little we can do without basic information.

If you’re having trouble switching zones, perhaps this article will help.

This is really pretty rude, George. Pull yourself together.

This is really pretty rude, George. Pull yourself together.

If stating the truth is rude and using BS as opposed to 10K (using Roon stats) other expletives. I suggest you get out of customer relations.

I’m not sure why telling us a few details about your setup would be exhausting,
Because if you were to look I have done the procedures several times. Mike the issues are lost in translation.

Might I suggest Remote Access

https://www.screenconnect.com/Landings/SEM/future-2f/?source=SC-PdSch-Google-RSupport-NA-17Q1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pdsch&utm_term=remote%20pc%20technical%20support&utm_campaign=trial&loc=na&sc_camp=0B8006299BFB4AFCA4FA6722EFBD3A42&gclid=CjwKEAjw9_jJBRCXycSarr3csWcSJABthk07UzZxvuwXmD-HnDyz8kpXqO0E289TG9evDcoHTI7SVxoCvxHw_wcB

Thanks for the feedback, George.

If you need anything, instructions for getting help are here. We look forward to helping you work through your issues.