Attention Roon Users Please Read- You are snobs

Hi @George_Burrows. I’m sorry to read this feedback about your experience with Roon.

We almost never get this kind of feedback about our technical support or our customer service. In fact we hear from people nearly every day about how great their experiences have been dealing with our team, and getting their issues resolved.

Often people who were initially skeptical about how we do support here on Community write to tell us how impressed they been with our dedication to resolving every issue, for every customer, no matter how big or how small. This is even true for cases when the underlying problem didn’t actually turn out to be Roon at all, like this one.

So I really am puzzled by why your experience has been so different from the tens of thousands of other people using Roon and getting help when needed.

Whether you realize it or not, our team not only supports tens of thousands of users, but we support an almost unlimited number of possible configurations. The vast majority of issues that are reported to us get traced back to small environmental differences – a weak Wifi signal, a cable that’s recently gone bad, a network setting that isn’t configured right, an audio device with some unique characteristics that’s never been used with Roon before, and so on.

We work exhaustively with people to identify these kinds of subtle distinctions and resolve problems, and this process can be quite quick when the initial support request includes a detailed description of the environment. Unfortunately, there’s almost nothing we can do without understanding the environment Roon is running in, and unfortunately we never got that information from you here or here.

I want to understand how we can do better George – video tutorials are a great idea, and something we’ve considered, but we resolve all kinds of issues here on this site every day so I don’t think that’s actually the rub here. If we missed something, or can improve in some way, please let me know. And if you’re still having any issues, please make sure to let us know and provide the details we need to help.

Thanks!

1 Like