Roon Core Machine
Roon core is installed on a Windows PC,
AMD 3900x, 570 Motherboard, 64 GB of ram, Nvidia 2070s video card….
The operating system and All media is on SSD hard drives.
Windows 10 pro, 20H2, OS Build 19042.1165, feature pack 120.2212.3530.0,
All hardware and software are completely up to date, drivers, firmware…
Networking Gear & Setup Details
It’s all Ubiquity Unify equipment.
It’s all up to date as well.
It’s ALL wired.
Connected Audio Devices
Sony amp, via Chromecast
KEF LSX speakers
Description of Issue
Hello, I need to bring some issues to your attention regarding the last software update.
The first problem, all of sudden roon would not load at all, I had to preform a complete uninstall and reinstall from scratch.
After I play an album and the radio starts it plays the same set of songs all the time, it used play different music all day before this update.
While listening to the radio Sometimes the songs cut off part way through and advance to the next song, sometimes it will not advance I must do it manually.
Now The program locks up all the time, it will open, I pick an album, it starts playing, after about minute the program becomes completely unresponsive, But music continues to play.
when I click on “play now” and try to adjust the volume it will work for a few adjustments and then the program becomes unresponsive.
When I choose the Kef LSX speakers it keeps disconnecting, I get “Roon has lost control of audio device”.
When I choose the main amp, (via Chromecast) it will disconnect periodically but not as bad as the kef speakers.
I did search the community and did try the tidal fix, no improvement.
This did not all happen at once, it started compounding over a short period of time, if that helps.
Please do not point to my network or PC. here is Why.
I have a copy of version 1.7, sorry I don’t know the build number, I uninstalled the latest 1.8 build and installed 1.7, everything works great!
I tested for a few days with no problems. I thought I would try 1.8 - 814 again. Nope, no good, same problems, back to 1.7.
today I found a copy of 1.8 – 756 on my other computer, uninstalled 1.7, installed 1.8 -756, everything works great! the good old days!!