1.8 Audio devices in Settings but not in Zone picker [Ticket In]

That had no effect for me. Maybe I toggled the “wrong” option.

Any more news on this fix Dylan? So annoying having to reboot the Nucleus every time I switch my DAC on. Also now wishing the power button for the Nucleus was on the front instead of awkwardly at the back.

1 Like

I am surprised, no, shocked, that it has been 10 days since this serious bug was reported, and there isn’t even an estimated date for the bug fix.
Honestly, I have not listened to any music since Roon 1.8 was installed on my core, controls and endpoints.
I have lost all my enthusiasm for music. I am borderline depressed.

1 Like

Same here, have to restart my QNAP TVS-672XT a few times a week .

Oh, OK. I just saw a message from Mike saying the bug fix is imminent.
Honestly, the next two major releases should be only about putting back features from 1.7 removed in 1.8, AND FOCUSING ON USABILITY, USABILITY, USABILITY.
Let’s do some proper software development: gather use cases, REAL LIFE USE CASE COLLECTED FROM US, THE USERS. For example:

• Find album from a given artist (it seems obvious, but it’s not, try to do it in 1.8) the goal is : quickest, with the minimum number of key strokes and mouse clicks, most intuitive
  • Recover “unavailable” tracks in a playlist (cause they are already in the library). I click a button, and boom, the track, exactly that track which was moved elsewhere becomes automatically available. Now that IS USABLE USER FRIENDLY.
  • Etc.
    Before any further effort is put in on making Roon fancy, AI, etc. Let’s make the installed user base happy first, and using Roon effortless.
1 Like

Looks as it happens even to the “local” device, as my iMac isn’t showing up. It’s in settings, and it has its “Built in output” enabled, but I can’t see it in the Select zone menu anymore. (It was there just some hours ago though.)

I’ve obviously restarted the app.

Roon Remote 1.8 (Build 756) on macOS 10.13.6
Roon Core 1.8 (Build 756) on Ubuntu 20.04

Is there a way to get back to 1.7 somehow?

It’s announced to launch an update first thing coming week…

My new Win 10 PC running Roon player outputting to SMSL SU-8 disappeared requiring a Roon Server restart (rebooted for other updates) to get it back. Actually my Bluesound 2i is playing but the now playing is borked.

Looking at the logs it is a lot of corrupted database and the Sooloos errors being reported, plus something about a file lock. I can provide more details if needed.

Exact same issue here, Windows 10 with Antelope Audio Orion interface.

Not angry but just disappointed that something so crucial to what Roon is supposed to do was missed. At the end of the day all I want is to be able to play music reliably over a network, with great sound and the ability to tag/search for music.

This kind of thing never happened to Winamp.

1 Like

No that’s not possible…

You raise an excellent point. Which is probably why many users turned to the Massive Failure 1.8 thread in deep frustration.

In my opinion the deep frustration that many and yourself are experiencing is driven on luck of any official status page pinned to top of forum so that all users can get a day by day bug fix status. An apology from the head of Roon Labs would not go amiss either. Perhaps with an offer of an extended one month subscription.

2 Likes

What seems unacceptable to me is that a new version of a paid app like this is released and that its correct operation has not been checked before so that what is happening does not happen.

As one user said, an apology from the Roon manager would not hurt.

I insist that giving a month of subscription (at least) to all of us who are suffering from the problems of this update, would be the least that those responsible for Roon could do.

1 Like

After this problem and Nucleus reboots to solve, the next one came. The nucleus began to disappear from the network, it is not visible. The control program sees it, then it does not, and numerous disconnects. Reboots no longer help, everything is almost brick now.

Hello @Dylan and @noris. Just to let you know that my Zone Picker is looking Healthy right now. All Zones showing. And I’m so pleased that my Naim DAC V1 USB option has appeared again. It sounds better in the office than the Chromecast Puck. Monday feels better all of a sudden. Hang in there fellas…:slight_smile:

This sounds like a different issue - suggest you might want to raise a new support thread and maybe zip up some logs for support to look at.

I have a similar issue .once I disconnect the allo bridge sig the dac disappear and I need to restart

Exact same issue here.

Now my Ropieee SMSL zone has done the same. My Mac one won’t work at all even after restart now. This is really broken. Please get the fix out asap.

I also saw this issue last night on one of my laptops. I believe it was a lone device that had not quite updated to to 1.8 build 756 until last night. After the update it wasn’t able to be seen as an endpoint unless I was attempting to group it. As part of a group it operated fine. As a solo endpoint it wasn’t displaying, despite everything being configured in settings correctly. I then restarted the core and now it’s fine.