1.8 Build 831 mutes my iPad when using Fixed Volume [Ticket In]

Hi @RobOK, we have a ticket in with our team but I can’t provide timelines just yet. I’ll update everyone here as soon as I can!

1 Like

Which also brings up the often raised topic of beta testing. This would have been easily identified and would have saved a lot of inconveniences for Roon users when released.
What’s the current take on that?

3 Likes

My iPhone and iPad volume is being moved to zero/mute every time I open the Roon App. Annoying as heck. Is there a fix yet??

3 Likes

Given the lack of resolution of this issue, I have had to delete/off-load the Roon app from my iPhone, as it’s blanket interaction with the device muting the volume for all applications and uses, is affecting the use of this multipurpose device for calls, app notifications etc.

There should be a better way Roon can handle controls on the Lock Screen instead this Airplay method where the iOS device believes it is part of the playback stream, hence Apple insisting that volume is part of the function.
A native widget perhaps?

1 Like

A short code on the iPad that restores volume after Roon closes ‘fixes’ the issue see Roon now highjacking iPad volume since update - #73 by Supersonic