1.8 has serious bug on Android

Good question. I had very fleeting success of the Roon app working but now it’s just junk again. At the point with a Huawei tablet that I have to reboot the tablet to get Roon to open without hanging.
It’s the only app on the tablet that has this behavior and it’s only happened since 1.8. It’s also complete potluck on my Huawei phone as to how many attempts you need to try opening the app before you can control Roon.
I declare therefore that this is an issue with the Roon app.
Too many coincidences for it not to be.
@support :eyes::thinking:

I’ve been putting the Android Roon app through its paces for the last several weeks. After the first 1.8 update, things seemed to work well for a while, and I thought things were fixed. Then after another update, the errors and weird screens came back. However, with the latest update, the Android app on my Pixel C seems to acting better again, and I haven’t been able to reproduce the bizarre screens which required an app reboot to fix. So far so good!

The problem described in this thread has been reduced to what seems to be a small category of corner cases which are not easily reproduced. I still have to restart the app every now and then (say, about once every few weeks), but it’s not obvious what produces the condition. This is not too onerous, even though it is a little annoying. I do like this version of Roon however, so I guess it’s almost OK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.