1401 update removes IP address A worthless upgrade

hi all.

AGAIN issues with updating the ROON core! 1392 made happen that ARC could not be run due to issues with MacOS IPV6 change . now this 1401 upgrade made ROON core really unstable!!! after reinstalling and restarting - the upgrade went well but it was always waiting for the ROON CORE … all of a sudden the IP address from my ROON disappear! and point to localhost … this is not good! it should point to the IPaddress of the ROON CORE this happend after the upgrade to 1401 PLEASE HELP !!!

What is your Roon Server? A different computer than the local “This Mac”? Is it running? More information about your setup and network would help, or everyone is just stabbing in the dark

And moved to Support from Uncategorized

1 Like

Hi sorry for that - your quit right :slight_smile: it is a dedicated MacMini M2 16Gb/512Gb running Sonoma latest version. Datadrives are on a DAS 48TB connected via Thunderbolt. Networkconnection UTP with fixed IPaddress WiFi is switched off. the IPV6 is set to .local to make ARC accessible in 1392. Previous updates when connecting to ROON Core the IPaddress is shown, instead of localhost 127.0.0.1 that was the first thing I noticed and after a while few minutes of playing ROON stops and is waiting for the core to come op … once done you can play a little but this is a repeating thing … is there a way to get it work or maybe downgrade to 1392? thank you for the quick response

Is the control app running on the same machine as your main Roon Server, the Mac Mini, or on a different one?

If it’s the same machine, “This Mac”, then localhost/127.0.0.1 wouldn’t be necessarily wrong (it IS the same machine) even if in the past it showed the machine’s local network IP. (Which apparently it may have done according to some other post I read today).

If control and server are two different machines, then the problem may be that the server machine isn’t listed at all.

1 Like

Thank you, that is what I have done - after the spinning is done - but than again the same IP 127.0.0.1 is connected and it starts all over again with refreshing the db?

the control app is running on the same machine as the Only Roon server in my network.
I shall triy with the app on another machine.

Indeed you are right here I do see the fixed ip 192.168.68.221 for the Roon core as always what I see when connecting to the core

I see, thanks. Obviously it should work, but I am not sure if the 127.0.0.1 is the problem, even if Roon may have changed to displaying this after the update. The point of 127.0.0.1 is that the local/same machine is always reachable on that address, so it seems to make sense to me.

It works here for @Geoff_Coupe on his own machine with that IP:

Hi I tried this on my iPhone with the Roon controller and unfortunately exactly same behavior as on the control app on the Roon server

So I guess the Roon Server on the Mini simply doesn’t answer generally. Did you reboot everything starting with the router?

I shutted down my complete network router, switch and mesh points. also three other servers.
booted step by step and the only server running in the network is the ROON core

I removed Roon completely and now reinstalled it - but unlucky me … no luck this time

:grimacing: A job for @support I fear

the mini does answer - because I can play some music but than the message waiting for the core appears and obvious no music :frowning:

I guess so … where can I download the older version 1392? any ideas?

okay is there an approx time? for

There’s no downgrading unless you kept the old installer and a backup of the pre-update database that you can restore.

here you can see sometimes the Server is not responding!

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-18 om 21.00.36
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-18 om 20.51.19

this is the load on my M2 nobody is connected to ROON and nothing is played

the RoonAppl is most of the time around the 34.2% CPU The snapshot is taken the message appears on screen Uuh something wrong select another server …

Hi @Max_Mackenzie,

Following up on your thread, I see your current Roon Server is online and active, and was able to playback content recently. Are you still having issues?

Hi Benjamin, thank you for following up.

I can confirm that I have no issues anymore.

I made follow steps. (ROON 1392, 1401)

When upgrade fails and ROON server keeps on and off not responding and rebuilding database when connected. (Making impossible to run Roon) Mac mini M2 Sonoma 14.4.1

Stop Roon control app, stop Roon Server.

Remove manually ROON server which resides in the active hiddden user library MacOS.

Remove the Roon controller app.

Download the ROON.dmg from the Roon site and make a clean installation.
NOT USING EARLIER database or database backup!
pro-actively putting WiFi off, IPV6 set to local making sure no multi connections are on Sonoma. (Because there is no information given from ROON regarding ARC connection)

Recreate path to music library and services. And rebuild the database.

These steps took me where I am right now back again a happy camper,

Hope it helps have a wonderful day I am off to bed.
Regards Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.