64 and 32 bit Roon crashes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell Inspiron 5521 w/ Intel Core i5-3337U @ 1.8GHz; 8GB RAM.
A Galaxy S20+ 5G is running the Roon Remote app.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Synology RT-2600ac router connected via ethernet to WD My Cloud, the Core and a Chromecast Ultra.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chromecast Ultra.

Description Of Issue
I’m having the same issue and it comes and goes. Today it’s back. Previously I did a total reinstall of the 64bit software and library scan and that worked for a while then crashed again.

I did the reinstall/rescan thing again and that worked for a little while until it crashed again. Now it’s crashing after start up and the reinstall/rescan isn’t fixing the problem.

I tried installing the 32 bit but after I installed it, it crashed and won’t open at all now.

Hello @Cale, could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I submitted the log files on Friday. Any update?

Hello @Cale, could you please try reinstalling your graphics drivers using the manufacturer’s site and not the windows recommendations to see if this helps? I’d also give a reboot to the core once you’ve reinstalled the drivers. Let me know if this helps!

Any idea how to do that? I won’t be able to do until next week due to the holiday.

Hello @Cale, what graphics card do you have?

So I managed to update my graphics card drivers and so far, so good.

My graphics card is an intel hd graphics 4000.

Hello @Cale, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if the issue returns.

Will do. Still working as of right now. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.