Accountabilty of Roon Software Support - lets see how long it is befiore they take this down

I posted a thread less than 2 hours ago expressing my disappointment at the lack of accountability of Roon @support @enno

and also the lack of any accountability by @enno - guess what the post has mysteriously disappeared - how long before this one does

@kevin I did not ask you to delete the previous one - but nevertheless you did - that is what is known as censorship

Hey @Ken_Talbot, your thread wasn’t deleted or edited, it’s accessible for everyone at the link below.

Since it quickly turned into active troubleshooting for your support issue, and because it’s easier for us to keep track of the details of your case in a single thread, I decided to split the conversation into your original thread and asked that we continue the conversation there.

I agree that we could have been more proactive in keeping you informed, and you’re certainly holding us accountable to that! :sweat_smile:

Let me follow up with you tomorrow after I hear from our hardware team, ok? I’m sure we can get this resolved for you.

But will you really get back tomorrow - or is it just another avoidance tactic?

I have to say that I am amazed that your CEO @enno doesn’t feel that he has any responsibility here to respond to customers

Yes, I will get back to you tomorrow. I can’t promise a resolution, but I can promise a follow-up.

Kevin thanks - I just want communication - I guess it’s not an easy issue to resolve - but silence on your part is not good

1 Like

@kevin

What follows is not directed at you personally, however, he should be entitled to voice his disappointment with support on here.

Shutting down his topic in which he was trying to hold your company accountable for the lack of support is not fair nor professional.

Shutting down or moderating similar conversations in which we, paying customers complain about the lack of support seems to be standard practice on here and only adds to our frustration.

In my rather short time with Roon, I too have reported bugs and months have passed without any feedback. Pinging support as a kind reminder that I’m still waiting does absolutely nothing (for me).

Please don’t take this personally.

1 Like

Huh? Would you expect Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, to be responding to support requests on a forum.

Whilst I would encourage Ken to stop tagging the CEO, it has to be said that this is an understandably frustrated member.

The issue at stake is not some minor bug. He’s getting beeping noises throughout his playback. Let’s send a little love around the world wide web.

Now maybe I’m just feeling sentimental, or I’m full of the milk of human kindness, but it’s a 2-0 kind of a night for football (soccer) fans of a certain long awaiting nation. :wink:

1 Like

I think that there is a difference of scale between Apple and Roon

Is @enno too important to respond to the people that pay him?

Respectively, “too important” is not the issue. Responding to a single user’s technical problem via the support forum is not a good use for any CEO’s time. There are other very knowledgeable folks that have that responsibility.

Thanks Gary

I take your point that there may be other more knowledgeable people, however it’s the CEO @enno and the COO’s @danny responsibility to ensure that the people that work for them are fulfilling their responsibilities adequately. The CEO and COO are the leaders, and they should be leading those people whose responsibility is to respond to customers

They should be leading the level of service to customers and ensuring open communication - not overseeing a culture where deleting threads is acceptable

Best wishes to you Gay for your interest

Ok I can understand the frustration of the original poster and I have some sympathy.
I think the support is fairly poor for Roon in general. I am even a bit confused as to whether this is the official support site or forum, as it tends to be other members who help me with my issues.
Is this the official Roon support if you have purchased a Nucleus? I may need to know soon as I am once again having issues. I wont take up this thread with my issues other than to say …lets wait and see if I get the support this time.

In the past I have had similar instances where support has just not got back to me , this is despite sending them logs etc. Support just does not seem to take ownership of an issue. I stand to be corrected but I think many of the support staff are volunteers.

I love Roon so much so that I stopped buying music, the Nucleus was supposed to be a simple turnkey solution as I do not have the time or inclination to mess about with stuff. I will see how my present case progresses , but I have decided this time that I will take it further if I am not satisfied.

I dont expect the CEO to come on here but I expect support to take ownership of the issue

1 Like

Steve

I agree 100% - Roon is a wonderful product - but it is let down by the support available

Let me say that I do not believe that it is an issue of the professionalism and hard work of support staff - but something is not working

A post was merged into an existing topic: Beeps between tracks with Qobuz but not with own files