Add note to album?

Was this ever added? I requested it years ago, but then I lost track. If it was added, it’s not obvious.

My reasons are pretty basic: I want to be able to enter an optimal volume setting and to record thoughts about notable features in a particular recording. These notes are just for me–not for others to see.

Thanks,
Jim

5 Likes

If you type them up you could save them as a .pdf into the album folder. These would be readable via Roon.

1 Like

Hmm, yeah, that occurred to me. Not exactly user-friendly though. Thanks.

1 Like

Saving .txt files in PDF is not that hard, but the problem is you cannot do it for streamed albums that are part of your library.
It would be nice it there would be a (roon)tag that would be availabe to put info (text, picture, …) , independant of the album source (local or streamed)
Dirk

I’d also like this. I listen to a bunch of DJ mixes and I like to save the tracklists with the files. In ordinary MP3 libraries (e.g. Mediamonkey), I would save these to the “notes” part of the MP3 file tags. It doesn’t seem like there’s anywhere to do this relatively simple and useful thing in Roon.

1 Like

Not the most elegant solution but I have been adding DJ mix tracklistings to the Recording Location field.

2 Likes

should this go into the feature request forum? so we can upvote it?

1 Like
1 Like

thx. voted

I requested a feature like this a few years ago and it never made it to prime time. Maybe this time it will.