Add Radio Paradise as a "music service"

Obviously would be better to use the radio stream’s (Radio Paradise or otherwise) own metadata — as it will likely provide more successful matching.

But having a ‘Shazam like’ functionality that could work for any Live Radio stream would be a game changer in terms of discovering new music within Roon. I opened a ticket a while back to this effect…

1 Like

I’m not familiar with it, may I ask what should be the effect of next/previous track buttons for a live radio stream? What is the meaning of skipping a track within a live radio stream?

Since we’re implementing native support for Radio Paradise FLAC, I’d also like to ask is it robust nowadays? Do any of you need to fallback to AAC version?

Same as for any next/previous buttons everywhere?

You don’t like or don’t want to listen to that particular track? Or you want to listen to it again?

It is part of my daily listening routine for the last 4 or five months (8 hours per day at least) using BlueSound app on windows to Bluesound Node wireless, flac stream only, and I never had a problem (1Gb internet on papers, less than decent in the real life).

1 Like

I stream as Flac via LMS using next button to skip tracks regularly for I guess at least a year now. Full metadata and artwork too.no problems.

1 Like

Is this skip functionality missing for all Live Radio via Roon even if the radio provides it?

What other radio stations provide skip functionality? I assume this is not something generally available with others, e.g. BBC?

Does anyone know whether there is some sort of API that would do the skipping across different radio providers?

I’d say that Bill will be the best source of information regarding Radio Paradises technology. From what i hear, he’s a really nice guy to chat with.
I don’t know how RPs streams work, but i know they are not the plain vanilla Internet Radio streams most others are using. I consider them a “scrolling playlist”, right or wrong.

1 Like

I listen to a lot of Internet radio. But I’m not personally aware of any other station that allows skipping. Radio Paradise is quite unique I think in this regard.

1 Like

Hence this topic!

2 Likes

When I search for or ask about FLAC radio in various places (outside Roon), Radio Paradise always comes up first by far.

I wonder which other FLAC radio stations are the most popular behind Radio Paradise?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Radio Paradise metadata not changing