“ADDED IN THE LAST” Focus

Roon has made a major mistake in how they handle items under “Focus” in the “ADDED IN THE LAST” section when it comes to Bookmarks.

When I create a bookmark using the Focus criteria of “ADDED IN THE LAST” section, the bookmark is created using a fixed date based on when the criteria was selected. The bookmark should use a date relative to when the bookmark is called up, not when it was created. If I focus on albums added in the last week and create a bookmark, if I call up that bookmark in a month, it should call up albums created in the last week and not albums added within the last month and a week.

The way the Focus works now, bookmarks using “ADDED IN THE LAST” section are basically worthless.

Please fix this ASAP!

3 Likes

oh, wow: I did set up a “in the last week” bookmark (as worakaround for the now missing “New” library badge :roll_eyes:) and haven’t used it so far
just checked: you’re right, albums from one week before it was created are there :angry:

@support yet another bug missed by beta testers! :roll_eyes:

Focus Bookmarks on Played in the last X have always had a fixed date associated with it. This is not new. I am not saying it should work that way, just, that this is not something new.

See, Andybob mentioning it (last sentence) in Nov. of 19.

2 Likes

time to think about it once and forever then… (eventually) fix it :wink:

thank you Daniel :slight_smile:

OP: Fully agreed. Already posted about it here a few days ago.

I am not calling it a bug though. More like an unwanted feature.

There is a reason I didn’t call it a bug and put it in the “Feature Requests” section.

I have never created a bookmark using the “played in the last X” feature. But, it is clearly a mistake to describe them with the text they use and then use a fixed date. It’s more than a mistake, it doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes