Adding album - last song album disappears from Overview

Roon Core: QNAP

Sometimes when I add an album (directory with flacs) to Roon as files (copy), album does not appear in Overview.
Once I start adding song by song individually, album appears. After adding last song, album disappears again. If I remove last song as file from album and add to newly created album (folder),
album with this only song appears. Another previous album stays without last song.

If I match album with Roon database, last song is in a list.

Regards.

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I have QNAP NAS TVS-472XT and Windows 10 as a client. 1Gb network.

Hi @Konstantin_Vyaznikov,

Where are you adding the media files to, a local attached hard drive on the QNAP?

If you perform a force-rescan, does that allow your new content to show up?

Thanks. I did not try. For now. If add album (a bunch of flacs), and it does not appear in ‘Overview’, I remove complete album, create directory and start adding song by song, until album disappears. Then I remove last song, album appears. Then I create another directory, add that last song, second album appears, then I merge these two albums.

So my album is split into two directories.

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings ->Storage tab? Where are the media files saved, on the QNAP itself? Is there any change in behavior if you create a sub-folder and try to add the album there and then manually specify the folder link under Roon Settings -> Storage?

Here it is:

‘Media’ and ‘misic’ are folders in QNAP NAS. Roon core is also on NAS.

add the album there and then manually specify the folder link under Roon Settings -> Storage ?
Not sure I understand. I create subfolder and then add there songs, one by one.
I have to have to keep structure of folders like this in order to get song:

Please note folders ending " -2". They contain song which was not ‘good’ in a first directory.
For example directory: “Disc 2 - 1731-1775”

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing those additional details! Can you please confirm if a fresh database + a small subset of your library has the same behavior? You can perform this test by:

1. Creating a Backup of your current database
  2. Open QNAP Web Interface and specify a new location for RoonServer
  3. Try to import a small subset of your library that was impacted by the issue
  4. Let us know if the issue reproduces

Can you please give that test a try and let us know how it goes?
Thanks!

Hi,

It was a good idea.

I created new folder, pointed storage to this new folder, removed old one, restarted Roon server.

Then I dropped content of the whole disk (The Top 100 Masterpieces of Classical Music 1685-1928. Disc 2 - 1731-1775) to new folder.

I got two albums seen in ‘Overview’. One contains everything except:
207 - Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (from Solomon).flac

and another one only:
207 - Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (from Solomon).flac.

Strange that disk with everything except one flac says that it was added 25 days ago,
while disk with 1 flac marked as New.

Regards,
Konstantin.

Unfortunately after restore from backup, I lost some customizations.
It is hard to say where, but I see some, so it means it is all over the place.

Restore did not restore all content.

Regards,
Konstantin.

I had 46 CD of Brahms. I manually combined them in a set - now it is all scattered and maybe some lost. I do not see a set any more.

Not good!

Konstantin.

At least Brahms is saved. Roon changed a picture to default, bypassing the one in folder on restore.

Maybe I have too many songs and Roon cannot handle that?

Sorry, I was too angry seeing my stuff kind of disappearing.

Can it be a problem in Roon database, which makes match of imported songs to album?

Regards,
Konstantin.

Hi @Konstantin_Vyaznikov ,

Are you saying that this track showed up as added 25 days ago on a fresh database?

What is the size of your collection in amount of tracks/albums?

Size of imported tracks: 31000. Albums: 3200
Did you check definition of Album in Roon database?

Hello @Konstantin_Vyaznikov ,

Can you please let me know if you are still seeing this same issue in our latest Roon release?

HI noris.

I am not sure what to answer because now it behaves differently. If earlier I could see ‘Overview’ where albums appeared once added. Now I do not see it. Album does not appear as before. Maybe because it is old, already added album.

More over I had hard time to fix content again.
I do not want to participate in troubleshooting any more.

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.