After a Roon software update dropouts during playback for several days

Been a member for two years now…and it seems like almost every time there is a Roon Update…I get dropouts during playback…after many days it seems to stop or go away…until the next update…

Any thoughts on that phenomenon?

Thanks,
Larry

BTW how do I find my anniversary date of membership? I want to buy a lifetime subscription before my membership renews…

I can’t help with the dropouts, but to check your account click the Account tab in Preferences then the ‘Your Roon Account’ button.

Hello @LarryMagoo,

As for the dropouts issue, I can take a look at that with you but I’d need some more information first. Can you please use this thread as a guide to provide more info?

Thanks,
Noris

Noris,

What can I tell you?

Thanks,
Larry

Hello @LarryMagoo,

Please provide the following information:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using including model/manufacturer, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use and if the issue is limited to just one zone or if it occurs for multiple/all
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Thanks,
Noris

I use a dedicated MAC Mini for Roon and there is No Networking involved here. My MAC Mini feeds a USB to my Audiobyte Hydra DDC that sends an AES signal to my Yggy DAC from there to my 8801 Marantz Pre-Pro…I have about .5 TB of music files stored on my Crucial 1 TB SSD Mini. ~ 700 albums…I also use my desktop MAC to administer my Convolution filter in Roon for Room Correction.

The dropouts eventually stop…I cannot figure out why…until the next Roon Update…sometime the dropouts reoccur and other times they don’t happen at all . :flushed:

Hi @LarryMagoo,

Thanks for letting me know that information, I am wondering do the dropouts subside when you disable all DSP functions? Can you note the exact local time in your country (e.g. 12:17PM) that the next dropout occurs at? I’d like to take a look at diagnostics for your Core when that occurs, it might not provide the reason as to why but it might give us some clues of where to look next.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

The dropouts occur whether or not I’m using DSP. The only reason I use DSP is for my convolution file that provides Room Correction…

I’ll make note of time next time it occurs…

Cheers,
Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.